Author Topic: Cannell, Kelly, Christian, Quay, Lace, and Killey  (Read 7865 times)

Offline kaighin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Cannell, Kelly, Christian, Quay, Lace, and Killey
« on: Monday 26 July 04 09:56 BST (UK) »
This is something I posted to the Manx Genealogy Bulletin Board, but haven't received any responses to. 

I am seeking researchers of the following families; Cannell, Kelly, Christian, Quay, Lace, and Killey

Specifically, I would like to see if anyone has any information on the wives of my Kaighin Grandfathers. They are as follows:

Cannell Eleanor - Married Thomas Kaighin about 1610 in KM, and had 6 children.

Kelly Madge (or possibly Margaret.) Married John Kaighin in KM about 1628 and may have had 13 children (although there may be two Kelly women with similar names... I still haven't been able to positively sort this out) Buried 21 Nov 1675 KM.

Cannell Jane - Married John Kaighin 7 Feb 1656 KM. Lived at Ballacregga. Had up to 13 children but I'm still trying to sort this out as well. Oldest son John emigrated to New Jersey and the Kaighn's of the Eastern US are descended from this family. Second son Charles inherited Ballacregga. Buried 16 Mar 1716. Deed of settlement 10 Apr 1705. Will 28 Feb 1711.

Christian Mary - Married Charles Kaighin 8 Jan 1699 in KM. Had 9 children and lived at Ballacregga. Died 3 Mar 1742. Will 19 Mar 1742.

Quay Isabel - Married John Kaighin 20 Apr 1731 in Santon. Had 10 children and lived at Ballacregga. Born abt 1707. Buried 29 May 1769. Mentioned in the will of her Grandmother Ann Shimmin.

Lace Anne - Married John Kaighin 29 Feb 1772 in Jurby. Had 6 children and lived at Ballacregga. Will 1792. Died between July 1799 and July 1801.

Killey Eleanor - Married Charles Kaighin in K. Patrick. Had 9 children and lived in German and then Bigwell St. Douglas. Died 24 Sep 1842.

Christian Margaret - Married Charles Wesley Kaighin 23 Aug 1849 in K. Braddan. Had 5 children all born after leaving the island. Born abt 1823. Died 12 Oct 1904, Cleveland.

Offline erthomas

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Cannell, Kelly, Christian, Quay, Lace, and Killey
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 December 05 07:33 GMT (UK) »
I don't know that there is a relation, but I have a Robert Cannell died 1722, children were Jon and Bahee (1682-1758).  I believe they were from Kirk Michael.  Bahee's descendents appear in Balla Harry? House Marown  Isle of Man on the 1861 census.  Im not very familiar with the geography of the IoM so I dont know how far these areas are from the ones you mention.  The other surnames have not appeared in my research.

Erin
Baggett, Beedon, Boddaugh, Bowman<br />Cain, Cannell, Carpenter, Clague, Cottier, Cowen, Craine, Creer, Cubbon<br />Doyle<br />Hartrick<br />Juke<br />Kaighin<br />McLaughlin, Martin, Moore, Murphy<br />O'Boyle, O'Donnell, Owen(s)<br />Quilliam<br />Radcliffe, Ratzel<br />Semple, Sewell, Shimmin, Snider, Spence, Stevens<br />Taylor, Thomas<br />Walters, Watterson, Wells<br />Younker<br /><br />..............should i continue?  :P

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 August 07 07:08 BST (UK) »
hi have lace and christian in our line but would have to look up. they came from the ballaugh and andreas area. jan
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 August 07 00:16 BST (UK) »
The original post was some time ago - there is a very active Kaighin  researcher (?the same) - see http://www.kaighin.com/
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline clare

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 16 October 07 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hi,
    I have Margaret Christian  married to William Hardie, I am trying to find Margaret's parents,  also have the names
Charles lace 1810
Margaret lace 1836
William Quale
Hannah Quale 1869
                               Jenny
suggett    London
jones        Glamorgan,   Wales
Smith        London
Thompson   Cambridge and London
Alder           Gloucester
Arundell      Gloucester
Hobbs        Gloucester
Holder          Gloucester

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 16 October 07 05:25 BST (UK) »
try http://www.isle-of-man.com/cgi-bin/interests/genealogy/bulletin/index.pl?noframes& - there is an active researcher with extensive knowledge of Maughold (where your marriage was)
any thing with a Manx Connection