Author Topic: Ann Mansell Born c1823 Winchcombe  (Read 2688 times)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Mansell Born c1823 Winchcombe
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 03 October 20 14:56 BST (UK) »
I've just had a quick look on Ancestry. There are no baptisms for a Richard Mansell in Withington, but I might have a look through the Withington images myself. There are baptisms in Winchcombe and Bishops Cleeve, which might possibly link up with the Alexander/Mansell family.
As a sidenote, the Rogers family who held the manor of Dowdeswell were descended from the Alexander/Mansell family.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 03 October 20 15:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you that that would be great. I have got all the marriage images from Withington 6/7/1755 to 9/12/1793 but not baptisms or burials. I did drive out that way a few years ago and cycled around all those parishes. There is Withington and Whittington which is really confusing. I have searched most of Winchcombe and Bishops Cleeve images  and I do have most of them in folders. Alan
Warwickshire-      Green, Mansell
Gloucestershire-   Mansell, Haines
Worcestershire-    Haynes, Simms
Oxfordshire-         Green. Hawkins
Leicestershire-      Kirby. Gee
North Shields-      Middlemiss, Haines, Faircloth

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 03 October 20 15:18 BST (UK) »
I could only find two baptisms Thomas and Alice with parents Richard and Joannah. They probably had many more children. Thomas I can find him and all his descendants. Alice I only have her baptism can't find her after that I'm afraid, wish I could find a marriage or a burial.

Thomas had two sons and three daughters baptised in Gotherington Ann 1782 Hannah 1784 big gap then Jean 1789 but never found them again. Alan

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 07 October 20 01:31 BST (UK) »
Hello again Alan,
Looking at that tree on Ancestry as a guide, a Richard Mansell was living in Dowdeswell before "yours" married Joannah Jackson. Possibly a first marriage? A daughter Ann was baptised in 1744, and wife Mary buried in 1746.
According to the tree, Richard and Mary married in Hampnett in 1739, which I found a Richard Mansell marrying a Mary Hancock. A Richard Mansell was baptised in Withington in 1712, son of Richard and Ann. This couple also had a Thomas 1711 and a William 1718. There may be more.
A Richard Mansell married an Ann Ludler in 1710 in Colesbourne. In the register it states he was from Sevenhampton, she was from Withington.
I'm saying this is all correct, but it does seem to fit.

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 07 October 20 10:26 BST (UK) »
Sorry I should have said "I'm not saying this is all correct".
All of the above I have checked in the original images. The question is whether the connections are there in the different parishes. It does look likely, seeing as the parishes are all in close proximity to each other.
I can't see any obvious wills in the Gloucestershire wills collection, but will have a read through some possibles.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 25 October 20 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Alan, what are your thoughts on what I have found?

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 16 September 21 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hello pinefamily sorry I never replied before. I understand and follow what you are saying but obviously we have no real proof.

Alan

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 24 September 21 01:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Alan,
It's true that without proof it is all supposition, but with some more checking for burials and other records, it looks to be very positive.
I haven't looked at the Mansell line for some time myself.