Author Topic: Re: Marriage of William Birchall 1883-1964 and Lily Sinclair 1902  (Read 1022 times)

Offline billbir

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of William Birchall 1883-1964 and Lily Sinclair 1902
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 October 16 17:58 BST (UK) »
Wow! Rosie, No wonder that you have 7 stars! To summarise, I now have Lily's correct birth. I know that she married Herbert Parry in June 1914 and he was subsequently killed in the WW1.She had at least one child with Herbert and 9 with William. She remarried my grand uncle William in 1917. It now all fits. Thank you so much for your brilliant input.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 October 16 07:52 BST (UK) »
Glad that I could help. It was one instance where things just fell into place it does not happen often  ;) . Obviously certificates would confirm that that I have the right person, also the 1939 register.

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline billbir

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 15 October 16 09:39 BST (UK) »
Glad that I could help. It was one instance where things just fell into place it does not happen often  ;) . Obviously certificates would confirm that that I have the right person, also the 1939 register.

Hi Rosie,
Yes, of course , documentation would be the icing, but even without it, I am confident that the information you came up with is correct. I spent hours,getting nowhere, before seeking advice from Rootschat,  so I am very grateful for your input.  I just wish I could have half an hours tuition from you as to how, you so quickly found the information, when I had spent hours finding  nothing. Anyway I am very grateful thank you. Bill

Rosie