Author Topic: Tom Owen Oswestry  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Jones, Minshall, Norcross

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tom Owen Oswestry
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 September 21 20:18 BST (UK) »
I thought you should have come across him :) so was a little confused.
I live in Oswestry and walk past Wilfred Owen's home every day when walking the dog, I'd have heard of Thos's footballing skills if he was the same.

I did an article on the Minshall family that was in the Advertizer and included a section on Llewellyn. His family were related to the Kenrick family of Birmingham, one being the mother of Neville Chamberlain.

Chris

Offline Canary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 September 21 09:23 BST (UK) »
Chris,

I have a copy of a book called 'Kenricks in Hardware' - it's a history of the Birmingham Kenricks. A William Kenrick married Mary Chamberlain, Joseph Chamberlain's elder sister, in 1862.  Llewellyn Kenrick would have been distantly related to William (also the name of Llewellyn's father)

Offline Jones, Minshall, Norcross

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 September 21 10:16 BST (UK) »
Yes, I have traced the connection of the two families, Ruabon and Birmingham, on Ancestry and have it in my family tree on there.
Also got copies of the papers that were placed in Flintshire archives by William Kenrick Minshall with correspondence relating to the family tree.
I think there was a diary that Sarah Savage Kenrick kept, an old Hawking glove that belonged to the Kenricks etc.
The Minshall family and Kenrick family had been moving in the same circles for years, both families were non-conformist.
On one tree it is alleged that the Kenrick family were descendants of the Hanmers and therefore possibly a link to Owain Glyndwr?
They certainly lived in the Hanmer area.

Joseph Chamberlain married Harriet Kenrick then her sister Florence.

Chris