Author Topic: Where are the headstones from Walcot Methodist Church?  (Read 427 times)

Offline mudgeemaid

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where are the headstones from Walcot Methodist Church?
« on: Tuesday 18 October 16 03:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Rootchat
Was recently in Bath looking for headstones of family who were buried in the Walcot Methodist Church, Walcot road. Visited the local government office & was able to obtain a copy of a list of headstones that were in the church & eventually found out the cemetery had been built over & the remains moved to Haycombe Cemetery. So tripped up there to find the remains were in a rockery garden but they had no knowledge of where the headstones are. While happy that I now know more than I did before the trip I would have dearly loved a photo of the headstone as there are 8 family in the one plot.
Anyone know if these headstones have survived?
regards
mudgeemaid

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the headstones from Walcot Methodist Church?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 October 16 12:45 BST (UK) »
I think that the development was for the Methodist Housing Association, built as Walcot Court. You might try their HQ to see what records they might have. They probably have a website with telephone numbers or contact details.
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!