Author Topic: P Harrison Birth cert - Mayo - help please  (Read 1438 times)

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birth cert - Mayo - help please
« Reply #9 on: Friday 21 October 16 18:54 BST (UK) »

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 21 October 16 19:09 BST (UK) »

When the 'irishgenealogy.ie' website gets round to putting the digitised image online, you can look at the 1876 marriage there, a possibility is that it's indexed under Pat Horohoe and Sarah Torry:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details-civil/49436313393263

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details-civil/d8730b13480608

I've seen several of the other childrens' birth/baptism records and my money remains on Forr(e)y.

Offline seasider53

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 21 October 16 19:46 BST (UK) »
Thank-you all, much appreciated. 
Leach/Prigg - Cambridge
Draper/Munford - Norfolk
Nicholas/Donlan/Thurston/Leach - India
Harrison/Cunningham - Durham
Caine/Harrison - Ireland

Offline Har140

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: P Harrison Birth cert - Mayo - help please
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 15:11 GMT (UK) »
It is Forry, she was married to my Great Grandad, she died young and he married again and had a son  who was my granddad
Harrison/Higgins - (Sinolane/Sonvoulaun, Mayo) Harrison/Horohoe/Forry - (Sinolane/Sonvoulaun/ Tavrane/Shanvarahah, Mayo.) Harrison/Horohoe/Kilroy - (Sinolane/Sonvoulaun/Huntsfield, Mayo.) McLoughlin/Frayne or Freyne or Frain  (Mannin, Aghamore, Mayo) Frayne/Nyland/Niland (Carrabeg/Urluar, Mayo)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 05 March 24 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat  :)

It is Forry, she was married to my Great Grandad, she died young...

Sarah Harrison died on 27 January 1893 aged 37 yrs. Patrick Harrison her widower was the informant.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1893/06007/4709816.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline seasider53

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 06 March 24 15:55 GMT (UK) »
It is Forry, she was married to my Great Grandad, she died young and he married again and had a son  who was my granddad
Har140 - This is my Great Great Grandparents, Is your Grandfather Thomas born 1895? Do you know his Mums name?
Leach/Prigg - Cambridge
Draper/Munford - Norfolk
Nicholas/Donlan/Thurston/Leach - India
Harrison/Cunningham - Durham
Caine/Harrison - Ireland

Offline Har140

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 07 March 24 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi lovely to hear from you. My Grandad Thomas Harrison was born in 1894 to Catherine Kilroy. As mentioned my Great Grandad had been married to Sarah Forry but she died 21st Jan 1893. They did have several children including a Thomas  born 10th Oct 1878 but he died 7th Sept 1879.  Her dad was Thomas Forry but on the marriage certificate it looks like Torry. I think Thomas Forry was married to Margaret Duffy. Do you have any further information on the Forry's or any of the children Sarah had with my great grandad?
Harrison/Higgins - (Sinolane/Sonvoulaun, Mayo) Harrison/Horohoe/Forry - (Sinolane/Sonvoulaun/ Tavrane/Shanvarahah, Mayo.) Harrison/Horohoe/Kilroy - (Sinolane/Sonvoulaun/Huntsfield, Mayo.) McLoughlin/Frayne or Freyne or Frain  (Mannin, Aghamore, Mayo) Frayne/Nyland/Niland (Carrabeg/Urluar, Mayo)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 07 March 24 13:04 GMT (UK) »

When the 'irishgenealogy.ie' website gets round to putting the digitised image online, you can look at the 1876 marriage there, a possibility is that it's indexed under Pat Horohoe and Sarah Torry..

Har140 - This is my Great Great Grandparents, Is your Grandfather Thomas born 1895? Do you know his Mums name?

Gaffy's find was great.
Marriage 10 January 1876 at Kilmovee RC Church.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1876/11162/8089075.pdf

On the marriage record, look at the T for Thomas and the F for Farmer....certainly looks like Torry.

Thomas Harrison born 26 December 1894. Mother Catherine Kilroy.   #340
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1895/02224/1838922.pdf

Marriage
Pat Harrison to Catherine Kilroy on 18 February 1894 at Kilmovee RC Church.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1894/10555/5845241.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Har140

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 07 March 24 14:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kiltlaglassan, you are right , the entry for Patrick is Horohoe then it changed to Harrison, think it was Anglicized