Author Topic: Is it possible to improve the clarity and definition of this burial record  (Read 2604 times)

Offline MartynS

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to improve the clarity and definition of this burial record
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 November 16 17:35 GMT (UK) »
The other way i tried was to emboss the image - so to try and raise the script off the page and shadow it to make a lower layer of black ink....still working on that theory and try and see if infrared will work over that better...i know what i mean  ???  will post only if i get somewhere with it....but dont think i will
Restorers : Please do not use my restorations without asking my permission first. Thanks.

Good quality size scans will mean much better restores >> hint hint :-)

Offline relatedtoturnips

• --
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Is someone able to help?

Regards

Can I ask where your record relates to. Sometimes they have 3 scans of the same page, the 3rd scan being much better than the 1st. I have found this to be the case on family search for Bishops Transcripts.

Turnip.

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 11 November 16 10:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Sorry there is only on version of this image available.

However, is anyone able to specifically enhance a particular entry in the attached? The entry is line 9 and I think it says " Margt the Daughter of David Lodwick xtened. I can't work out the date on the left hand side it may say 09 Jan? The first line in the image definitely says Oct as the month and the entries cover Easter 1757 to 1758, so by the 9th line the months may have switched to Jan of the following year.

Regards

Offline relatedtoturnips

• --
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 11 November 16 13:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Sorry there is only on version of this image available.

However, is anyone able to specifically enhance a particular entry in the attached? The entry is line 9 and I think it says " Margt the Daughter of David Lodwick xtened. I can't work out the date on the left hand side it may say 09 Jan? The first line in the image definitely says Oct as the month and the entries cover Easter 1757 to 1758, so by the 9th line the months may have switched to Jan of the following year.

Regards

I didnt try to enhance it in software, as it didnt make much difference. But I agree with you it looks like 9th Jan.

It starts at the top of the page OCT then many dittos, then NOV many dittos, and then to your entry of JAN as far as my eyes could tell.

Offline japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 14 November 16 07:57 GMT (UK) »
had a go but...