Author Topic: new but old  (Read 470 times)

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
new but old
« on: Wednesday 16 November 16 06:15 GMT (UK) »
did the person looking for hall find what they needed,this is a conundrum
mary craig had sex with her first cousin and had margaret forbes
later margaret forbes married having had a child she called marjory to a george hall
whilst her mother married a john hall as far as I am aware no relation so any children mary ad john had would be half brothers and sisters to margaret luckily we dont go in for half uncles and aunties
she then had two daughters poss 3, marjorie, margaret, and mary hall, also agnes hall not sure about the boys. you have to remember that this was over 20 yrs ago when I was doing this research and had joined genes re- united.
sounds like a football match. i think thr boys were the usual john james etc. cant remember an edward or edwin in that era of family members, but something erks me  about theprevious generation, I think that there was at least an edward if not an edwin too. anyway they ll lived aroun turriff and surounding sreas of aberdeen.
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet