Author Topic: Dunlecky Carlow Mariages Dec1827  (Read 952 times)

Offline Nailer1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dunlecky Carlow Mariages Dec1827
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 November 16 23:18 GMT (UK) »
I see Redmond as the most likely.
As regards James,  it looks like       .olan as you suggest.  Nolan, Tolan or Folan worth checking,  the most common being Nolan.

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 November 16 16:01 GMT (UK) »
I see Redmond too.
annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline KiwiHugh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 November 16 18:44 GMT (UK) »
 Thanks all. I have added Mary Redmond to my tree. When I first got REALLY interested some years ago and bought the certificates to make the leap from NZ back to UK and Ireland I had theorised that Peter Doyle's Mother must have died when he was very young hence her name not being on his 1899 death certificate. Later I learnt about naming patterns. Then later when I got lucky on my Greatgreatgrans parents (only a death notice for her but it made mention of a brother in Melbourne with a distinctive and quite famous name) and added to my theory that her name would be some combo of Mary Ellen, the second girl born to Peter Doyle.
So unless someone can pull a Thomas Doyle and Mary Redmond baptising children, elsewhere,  from 1828 onwards or distinctive emmigration info (I am sure there will be numerous Thomas and Mary Doyles in USA census) I'm going with Mary Redmond as she she seems to fit my theory  ;D