Author Topic: Forrest family south shields to new zealand  (Read 1338 times)

Online bevj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Paterson 1866-1909
    • View Profile
Re: Forrest family south shields to new zealand
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 27 November 16 14:17 GMT (UK) »
I see from the census that Donald did have a brother David, but he was younger, not older, so the immigration record I gave you is probably wrong. 
But in that case beware, because there seem to be two Donald Forrests in NZ at the same time (as usually happens!  >:( )
Bev
Weedon - Hertfordshire and W. Australia
Herbertson, Congalton, Paterson - Scotland
Reed, Elmer - Hunts.
Branson - Bucks. and Birmingham
Warren, Ball, Jones - Birmingham
Fuller, Bourne, Sheepwash - Kent
Brittain - Beds. and W. Australia

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 November 16 20:41 GMT (UK) »

Then David Forrest born 1832 in south shields married eleanor jolly and had a son; David forrest junior 1859 - 1946 who married anne wishart fraser and had a son Donald Forrest 1885 in south shields - 1954 auckland new zealand i wamt to find his descendants i know from ancestry he was married 5 times and used alias' but thats all.

Hello ABaldwin

This thread has of course been linked to your post on the New Zealand board, but it seems prudent to add a reply here as well.  ;)

You mention that you know "from ancestry" of some aspects of Donald FORREST's life (- and so I'm presuming you mean you've looked at "trees" on that website ?)

If your focus is to find descendants of this man, can I suggest that you return to the ancestry site and seek out the very comprehensive "tree" which covers not only the life of Donald but most of his immediate family.    It has been most thoroughly documented (I was impressed  ;) ) ... and features copies of BMD certificates, newspaper clippings, etc. etc. along with comments on Donald FORREST's "colourful" life both in New Zealand and Australia.   A number of people appear to have contributed information.   
And it seems Donald may have died in Australia (Brisbane ? 1954 ?) under an assumed name.

It looks as if all the "hard work" in digging up information on "your"  FORREST family in New Zealand, had already been done ?

~  Lu
[ in NZ ]

Offline ABaldwin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 28 November 16 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Yes i know the work had been done for me through ancestry as his immediate descendants have put in the work for which i am trully very grateful.

Amy
South shields - Forrest, harper, O'Neill and Syrie

Denmark - Hansen

Scotland - Hamilton

Ireland - Seary, seery and other spellings, buckley.

Gravesend, kent - Baldwin