Author Topic: Ancestors of the late John Henry Gaskin his. Father was called Henry Gaskin  (Read 4437 times)

Offline Julz1211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestors of the late John Henry Gaskin his. Father was called Henry Gaskin
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 13 December 16 18:44 GMT (UK) »
I can't see any children from the second marriage in 1972.
Aww ok thank you Heather gosh it's amazing how you do all this - it's so confusing to me 😱 I thought I'd be able to find out where the surname Gaskin originated from - me thinking it would be easy 😫  but I got lost when it came to John H Gaskins father Henry's father 😳 Much appreciated heather
Thank you so much your a ⭐️👏🏼👏🏼 x
Sumner , Gaskin, Hill

Offline Debmac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 06 March 17 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,
I'm most probably well off the beaten track here but I've started to look into my family tree .My grandfather was called Christopher McGovern I am told he was Irish and my grandmother was Rita Gaskin who I'm told was polish .They got married in 1939 in Thanet Kent and had 3 girls and two boys ,one of those children was a Christopher Michael McGovern ,my father .The marriage ended and Rita Gaskin went on to marry and Alfred Stockwell and have another nine children I think .I just wondered if it could be linked to your Gaskins at all or if you may know how I'd find any more info out .
Thank you

Offline Debmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 06 March 17 20:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,
I'm most probably well off the beaten track here but I've started to look into my family tree .My grandfather was called Christopher McGovern I am told he was Irish and my grandmother was Rita Gaskin who I'm told was polish .They got married in 1939 in Thanet Kent and had 3 girls and two boys ,one of those children was a Christopher Michael McGovern ,my father .The marriage ended and Rita Gaskin went on to marry and Alfred Stockwell and have another nine children I think .I just wondered if it could be linked to your Gaskins at all or if you may know how I'd find any more info out .
Thank you

Offline seanpg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 05 September 18 15:58 BST (UK) »
I'm brand new to this board and came across it following a small bit of research about my grandfather John born 1897 I believe who's name was also Gaskin. I know he was born in Dublin and although I have followed him in the 1901 and 1911 census I get stuck because my research is throwing up far too many of them before that date all from Rathdown Blackrock and not sure if they were all related. His father was Michael born about 1871. I'm really interested in finding out about what the area was like and the 2 address I have are Residents of a house 57 in Brookfield Buildings (Blackrock No. 2, Dublin) Residents of a house 3 in Roebuck (Part of) (Dundrum, Dublin). My grandfather was a private in the Irish Rifles and won a bravery in the field medal allowing MM after his name but I can't find out what he did. Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 06 September 18 08:25 BST (UK) »
So who did your grandfather marry ?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 06 September 18 08:53 BST (UK) »
So who did your grandfather marry ?

If transcribed correctly Mary Ann Briereton
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1906/01742/1687961.pdf

Also showing as Brirton and Brierton

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 06 September 18 09:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Sinann
    he said his grandfather was John born 1897

Offline seanpg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 06 September 18 09:29 BST (UK) »
Hi and thanks for the replies. My grandfather survived the war and was discharged in January 1918, service number 8695 he went on to marry Mary Anne Crimmins in 1919, born I believe in 1900 - parents Thomas Crimmins born 1877 and Margaret (nee Ryan) born 1880 and had either 11 or 12 children. My father also John was born in 1927. Although I know he was discharged due to wounds and shell shock I know little more.