Author Topic: Elizabeth Wiggett  (Read 5020 times)

Offline Grothenwell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Love Endures Delay
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Wiggett
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 14 March 19 05:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi mrsksp,

Lovely to hear from you and welcome to Rootschat! It really is the most interesting and helpful genealogy forum.

As for your query, tbh I don’t know as I haven’t done much research on this side of my family. I’d suggest that looking at the names and locations there is a likelihood of us having the same ancestors.

From memory I think you have to post 3 messages before you can use the pm, so hopefully we can pm later and see if we can find our Clapton/Turner link.

Best wishes
Aberdeenshire; Brechin, Robb, Clark, Hardie, Johnston, Watt, Elmslie, Milne, Harper, Adam, Edmond, Laing, Gibson, Aedie, Jameson, Argo & Doverty.
Booth, Watson, Grothenwell, Ewen, Mackie, Simpson, Piper, Taylor, Davidson, Willox, Chalmers & Gordon
Still, Fraser, Robertson, Burnet & Lumsden
Banffshire; Cruickshank, Bennet, Broug, Allen, West & Lyal
Caithness; Sutherland
Herefordshire, Worcester, Monmouthshire, Gloucestershire; Wagstaff, Jones, Turner, Wiggett, Hannes

Offline mrsksp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 14 March 19 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Look forward to catching up with you.

Thanks

Offline Grothenwell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Love Endures Delay
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 14 March 19 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi, pm sent  :)
Aberdeenshire; Brechin, Robb, Clark, Hardie, Johnston, Watt, Elmslie, Milne, Harper, Adam, Edmond, Laing, Gibson, Aedie, Jameson, Argo & Doverty.
Booth, Watson, Grothenwell, Ewen, Mackie, Simpson, Piper, Taylor, Davidson, Willox, Chalmers & Gordon
Caithness; Sutherland
Herefordshire, Worcester, Monmouthshire, Gloucestershire; Wagstaff, Jones, Turner, Wiggett, Hannes

Offline mrsksp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 07 May 19 15:45 BST (UK) »
Hello
You may already have info, but hope this helps with Clapton connection:

Mary Turner married William Clapton 2.2.1830 in Bredon
they had a child called George (bap 29.01.1834 Cutsdean) - my direct descendant.
Mary died/buried 05.11.1837 in Cutsdean.
Elizabeth was her mother.
William went on to later marry:
1. Ann Cook in 1843 Winchcombe  died 1845
then 2. Eliza Williams 10.12.1870 Stow on the Wold

hence George going to live with his grandparents William and Elizabeth.

Hannah Clapton (father John Clapton b 11.10.1767 Lower Guiting and Martha Mifflin b 1781 Guiting Power).  Hannah married Edward Beale Wiggett  in 1821 in Breden, Worcestwho marrieder. They had 2 children; Charles and Martha.

John was father of William who married Mary Turner.

Cheers

Offline Grothenwell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Love Endures Delay
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 02 January 20 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Happy New Year everybody!

I wanted to gauge opinion about a couple of things please.

Elizabeth Wiggett according to censuses was born circa 1790-92 in Cutsdean. I think the consensus from the earlier posts was that because Elizabeth ends up staying with Hannah Wiggett (nee Clapton) in 1861 she was likely Hannah’s sister in law, sister to Hannah’s deceased husband Edward B Wiggett (born 1800 Temple Guiting) and therefore the parents to both Elizabeth and Edward were RIchard and Mary Mifflin. However I found RIchard and Mary’s marriage was in 1799 Temple Guiting. But I suspect that Elizabeth’s more likely parents may be RIchard Wiggett and Hannah Taylor married 1784 Temple Guiting, and who had recorded children James 1785, Mary 1786 and Hannah 1789 all in Temple Guiting. Those dates suit Elizabeth better, but it does not have a link to why Elizabeth is with Hannah in 1781.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Caithness; Sutherland