Author Topic: George Audley and Margaret Blair 1803 in Liverpool  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: George Audley and Margaret Blair 1803 in Liverpool
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 December 16 23:32 GMT (UK) »
If it was me I would search every where till I found the answer even if it takes years
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 05 December 16 08:04 GMT (UK) »
I have read before about Irish couples marrying in Ireland and having children baptised in Liverpool - Religious Faction differences
ie - A Catholic marries a Protestant and BOTH families of the couple want the child to go "their way " religiously ...so - the couple jump a ship over to Liverpool and do it their own way to avoid confrontation - in fact I would suggest this still happens to date  :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Deesider

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 05 December 16 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Radcliffe and garstonite,
Many thanks for your replies:

The probate details that Radcliffe refers are for the George Audley (Junior) who married Sarah Robinson in 1826 in Waterford. The reference to the death of a George Audley in 1878 aged 90 in Rathdown, Ireland is Bethany's suggestion for the possible death record of George Audley (senior) the father of the George Audley (junior).

From the information I have I believe this is 'a possible family tree but probably not'. I just need that additional bit of information to make 'a probable family tree'.

Radcliffe. I will continue to search until I resolve this issue, so please don't get upset if you see a similar question in the future!! I think the first thing I need to obtain is a copy of the death certificate of George Audley in Rathdown in 1878 or perhaps wait until the irish genealogy website places more images on line.

Garstonite I was thinking the reverse George got Margaret pregnant so they popped over to Ireland to get married but it could well have been the reverse. The church used for the baptism is slightly unusual St Mathews, Scotland Road; where as most beople with the Audley surname were baptised at St Peter's or St Nicholas' in Liverpool.

I actually put the message on the Lancashire page (as opposed to an Irish county) as I was hoping someone could find them in Liverpool. In the Baptism record  George Audley the father is described as a Gentleman of Freemasons Row.  What sort of area was 'Freemasons Row' in 1803?

Off at a tangent In the catelogue of portraits painted by the artist Thomas Beech there is recorded that he painted the portrait of a George John Audley, a Liverpool Merchant in 1793 and I was wondering if the father of the baptism in 1803 could have been the George John Audley painted in 1793.

Thanks to all for your help I would welcome all suggestions

Regards
The Wirral Way