Author Topic: SHORT married EASON 1849 Athlone  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Kezlyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
SHORT married EASON 1849 Athlone
« on: Monday 25 July 05 16:16 BST (UK) »
Looking for any information on William Short and Jane Eason, who married in the Scots Presbyterian Church in Athlone on 17 Jan 1849. They emigrated to Australia immediately after their marriage.

I have two separate sources for William's birth, one saying he was born in Sligo (the IGI) and one saying Dublin (his death cert.) in about 1825. He was a member of the Irish Constabulary. His father's name may have been Elisha. There was a Bridget and Elisha on board the same ship he arrived in Australia on that may have been his siblings.

Jane was born in about 1829 in Athlone and her father Alexander was a soldier.

In particular I'd love any birth details and details of their respective mothers.

Thanks,

Kez :)

Offline Octavius

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SHORT married EASON 1849 Athlone
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 December 08 00:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi. Just found your query. Unfortunately I cant help you with either Jane or Williams mothers names, but I am a descendant of theirs. Are you willing or able to share any information with me? I understand if you are reluctant, but it is possible I could help you with other info.

Offline Elly-May

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SHORT married EASON 1849 Athlone
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 July 10 09:26 BST (UK) »
Hello. I have just joined this forum and discovered your messages. William Short and Jane Eason were my great-great-grandparents and I am endeavouring to discover more information about their families. I, too, have no information about their respective mothers and have very little about their fathers. Whatever information I do have, I am happy to share. Cheers.
Park (Scotland), Short (Ireland), Eason (Ireland), Howard (Bedfordshire), Allsopp (England)