Author Topic: St John Lee  (Read 2750 times)

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: St John Lee
« Reply #18 on: Monday 02 January 17 07:39 GMT (UK) »
I have a transcript from the parish record.  There really is no more information except where born.  Ralph was born Beuckley, Joseph in Wall.  The parish did not start recording mother's name until 1813.

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rm91

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 02 January 17 15:46 GMT (UK) »
I have a transcript from the parish record.  There really is no more information except where born.  Ralph was born Beuckley, Joseph in Wall.  The parish did not start recording mother's name until 1813.

Janis

Thanks Janis.
Masters, Edwards, Gray, Fulthorpe, Herron, Zacks/Zaks/Sacks, Stadler, Palm

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 06 January 17 17:33 GMT (UK) »
As we had all the information from St. John Lee I decided to check out the Corbridge records in case there was anything additional in there to help tie in or eliminate George and Martha.

The only extra was the witnesses to the marriage. First was Thomas Robson whose signature looked like that of a man used to writing.  I did check to see if he was a regular witness but didn’t spot him on any other marriages around that time.   The other witness was Oswald Heron, though he signed Oswald Haeron.  His signature and that of the groom looked as if they’d learned how to sign specifically for the event.

Have you come across an Oswald in your tree?

Mary’s baptism gave the address for George and Martha as Aydon Castle which attracted me to
a burial at Halton Chapelry for Margaret wife of George Heron of Aydon Castle on 26 Dec. 1793.

Not a lot to go on but might be worth storing away for later.

Christine

Offline rm91

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 06 January 17 21:05 GMT (UK) »
As we had all the information from St. John Lee I decided to check out the Corbridge records in case there was anything additional in there to help tie in or eliminate George and Martha.

The only extra was the witnesses to the marriage. First was Thomas Robson whose signature looked like that of a man used to writing.  I did check to see if he was a regular witness but didn’t spot him on any other marriages around that time.   The other witness was Oswald Heron, though he signed Oswald Haeron.  His signature and that of the groom looked as if they’d learned how to sign specifically for the event.

Have you come across an Oswald in your tree?

Mary’s baptism gave the address for George and Martha as Aydon Castle which attracted me to
a burial at Halton Chapelry for Margaret wife of George Heron of Aydon Castle on 26 Dec. 1793.

Not a lot to go on but might be worth storing away for later.

Christine

Thank you Christine, really appreciate you having a look.

Interestingly, Ralph's mother-in-law's (my great (x6) grandmother, then) maiden name was Robson. Common name, coincidence I'm sure.

Unfortunately I've not come across the name Oswald.

Thanks.

Russell
Masters, Edwards, Gray, Fulthorpe, Herron, Zacks/Zaks/Sacks, Stadler, Palm