Author Topic: platts daykin nightingale beech  (Read 1805 times)

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
platts daykin nightingale beech
« on: Tuesday 26 July 05 02:49 BST (UK) »
Hi
   My name is Dennis Ford, I originate from Bolton-on-Dearne in South Yorkshire but have lived in Oz for the last thirty something years.
   I am researching my ancestors mainly from south York’s’ with few known exceptions apart from the Halls from Wiltshire.
   On my maternal grandparents side I have a modicum of information, the names I am interested in are Sales, Beech, Platts, Rotherforth, Peat, Proctor, Parkin, Daykin and Nightingale (possibly Florence’s family). Towns and villages of interest are Harthill, Wales, Woodhouse Mill, Thorpe Hesley and Whitwell.
   Unfortunately due to my parents seperating when I was a child  I have very little on my paternal side apart from the names of Dixon, Baines and of course Ford.
   Now the really difficult case is my Wife’s family who are all from the Philippines, however although i dont give much hope any information would be appreciated on the families of Torremocha, Candog, Reyes, Abarques or Naquila from the island of Bohol, currently living at Dagohoy in Bohol.
                So if I can help you, or you can help me then let's go for it.

All the best

Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: platts daykin nightingale beech
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 August 05 17:06 BST (UK) »
Sorry about this DENN but I cannot find that information you sent me before I went on my hols. You know how chaotic it can  be at these times. I was enquiring about Georgiana DAYKIN(DAKIN) who was born in West Hallam and you seem to have a connection in your past. If you could resend this information I would be grateful. Perhaps I could help with your research because I live in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, which covers Bolton on Dearne and a few of the other areas you mention. You wouldn't recognise the area now. Most of the pits are gone.  Best regards Trevor
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />SOMERSET: POPE, GRIFFITHS, FLOYD,BAKER, LYDDON,QUICK,CHEEK(CHEECK)<br />DERBYSHIRE:/NOTTS; GENT,CLIFFORD,SIMMS,BINGHAM, DAYKIN, JOHNSON. FOX, HOPKINSON, COOKE, DOVE<br />SEDGLEY: HICKMAN, PALMER<br />YORKSHIRE: INMAN,BOTTOMLEY,MILNES.JESSOP

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 August 05 00:07 BST (UK) »
Hi there here is what I posted before
 was just reading the postings on the Daykins of West Hallam and Birchwood. Although I can see nothing to link my family, I can’t help but hear those bells ringing in the back of my head.
   What I Have is as follows?

Charles Daykin   1809   West Hallam    married Mary Nightingale
Their children were
   Eliza   1835   ??
   Cornelius   1835   Birchwood
   Ann   1844   Birchwood
   Charles   1849   Handsworth York’s’
   John   1851   Handsworth
   William   1854   Handsworth
   Margret   1864   Handsworth
   Matilda   no date died 1933; married Albert Hall
Matilda and Albert were my great grandparents.
   If any of this means anything to you please follow it up, I seem to be at a complete standstill.

By the way you may also wish to have a look at my posting on Florence Nightingale/Daykin connection.
      And yes I was in England last year and was surprised at how the place has changed - I grew up with wall to wall coal mines, and now theres nothing.
      As for your kind offer, I may even have the need to take you up on that one day
                                            Denn

Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline jingles

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 00:45 BST (UK) »
Sorry about this DENN but I cannot find that information you sent me before I went on my hols. You know how chaotic it can  be at these times. I was enquiring about Georgiana DAYKIN(DAKIN) who was born in West Hallam and you seem to have a connection in your past. If you

If I may intrude on your conversation with Denn.  I have a connection to the Daykin line from West Hallam.  Samuel Daykin born abt 1812 W. Hallam married to Ann Hemmingway had a son James b. abt. 1846 who married Ann Lee b. abt. 1848 - Pleasley.  She was my half 1st cousin twice removed ( a mouthfull that...but a relative just the same).

jingles

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 19:17 BST (UK) »
Dear Jingles, I would think there must be some conection considering my Samual DAYKIN was born about  1785 in West Hallam. He had a son born about 1812 called Sampson. Are you sure of the name. However, samual was quiet a popular name so its possible your Samuel may be a cousin or nephew of my Samuel. If I get any connection in my research I will recontact you.  Best regards.  Trevor Paul
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />SOMERSET: POPE, GRIFFITHS, FLOYD,BAKER, LYDDON,QUICK,CHEEK(CHEECK)<br />DERBYSHIRE:/NOTTS; GENT,CLIFFORD,SIMMS,BINGHAM, DAYKIN, JOHNSON. FOX, HOPKINSON, COOKE, DOVE<br />SEDGLEY: HICKMAN, PALMER<br />YORKSHIRE: INMAN,BOTTOMLEY,MILNES.JESSOP

Offline jingles

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 14 September 05 00:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your response Trevor.
My information about Samuel Daykin was taken from the IGI so I suppose there could be an error in the Christian name.
Regards,
jingles