Author Topic: James RAYMOND  (Read 691 times)

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
James RAYMOND
« on: Monday 02 January 17 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, I am new to the Asutralian forum here. Hoping someone can help please.

I am researching James RAYMOND b 18 May 1876 in Cardiff, Wales, UK and died 25 Jun 1955 at Wahroonga, Sydney, Australia. Need to find where he is buried.

Many thanks YattonHarry
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
Re: James RAYMOND
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 January 17 20:27 GMT (UK) »
RAYMOND, James death notice says "Privately cremated"
(left hand page in this link) https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=lL5f5cZgq8MC&dat=19550629&printsec=frontpage&hl=en

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 January 17 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Is this their arrival? 28th Oct 1947 on STRATHEDEN
http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/ViewImage.aspx?B=7952222&S=18
389 Raymond, Mr. James
390 Raymond, Mrs. Edith Margaret
391 Raymond, Miss V*** E.

Not sure if this is the correct death notice of Edith RAYMOND death 04FEB1969, late of Wahroonga, SMH 05FEB1969
....Mother of M*******, D******, and V***. Private cremation
(left hand page in this link) https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=lL5f5cZgq8MC&dat=19690206&printsec=frontpage&hl=en

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 January 17 08:12 GMT (UK) »
Cupoflife - thank you so very much. I am amazed to have these links which are the family I seek, so quickly.  This extra information is great and I am so grateful for your time.

Yes, Edith is the mother of these three girls and one of them returned to the UK where she had been born and I got to know her. In fact I was able to put her in touch again with our 1st cousin and they had fun over the phone, as both were ill, singing songs together that they had once sung coming home from an outing as children.  Sadly now both have left us.

I wondered which cemetry would be the most likely one where their remains lie. I saw a mention in a notice above Edith's for Woronora Cemetery, but a search of Find a Grave does not show any result. Is there a main cemetery which holds a database of those cremated and where their remains lie please?  Many thanks.

WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 03 January 17 08:57 GMT (UK) »
They were most likely cremated at Northern Suburbs Crematorium.

You will need to contact them to find out, though.

http://www.northernsuburbscrem.com.au

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 03 January 17 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Very many thanks, thats kind of you.  Maybe their ashes simply scattered as they were private cremations.
Cheers
  Jill