Author Topic: Samuel Gideon Baggs - Newfoundland.  (Read 1571 times)

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Gideon Baggs - Newfoundland.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 January 17 21:18 GMT (UK) »
On the 1910 US census for Massachusetts Joseph K Baggs is listed as brother in law in the household
indicates he immigrated in 1902.

Lilybell
Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 06 January 17 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Found  on NL Genweb 1913 Voters List Joseph K Baggs Broad Cove South

Also found a birth on FamilySearch for Samuel Gideon Baggs born 12 Feb. 1891 parents William C Baggs and Leah Moores, father was a fisher Samuel's BP Broad Cove Bay de Verde  Newfoundland,

I do not know if this ties in with your Samuel but it is the only one I was able to find so far.

Lilybell
Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline Sam Baggs

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 April 23 05:01 BST (UK) »
  Good Morning,

I wonder if anyone can help me with the above individual.  Samuel Gideon Baggs was born, we think, in September 1913, and I am trying to locate a copy of his birth certificate for his son.  How much easier can it be?  I have the month and year, but we have a problem with the location.  On all census records/official documents his birthplace varies between United States and St. John's, Newfoundland.  I have found sibling births in Mass., but can't find Samuels birth in either place.  Can anyone point me in the right direction.

My cousin, who's parents split up when he was a baby, needs his fathers birth cert. to apply for British Citizenship after having lived in Scotland with his Scottish mum, for 66 years. 

Many Thanks for any help,

Christine.
that’s my grandfather im Samuel Baggs… my father’s dad, and know the story, his war bride moved back to Scotland shortly after his birth! So my uncle certificate should be in Newfoundland!