Author Topic: John Bulman died Witton le Wear 1867 and Sarah died 1885?  (Read 1013 times)

Offline IanParsons

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Bulman died Witton le Wear 1867 and Sarah died 1885?
« on: Saturday 07 January 17 11:34 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for headstone or burial details for John Bulman b 1795 d 1867 in Witton le Wear and his wife Sarah who died there in 1885. They were my Great Great Grandparents. Also their Son's Birth details George Bulman Born there in Q1 1857
Parsons, Bulman, Garnett, Hartley,

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Bulman died Witton le Wear 1867 and Sarah died 1885?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 January 17 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  :)

You can see George's baptism details in the Durham Bishops Transcripts which are available online
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01j83/ Entry no. 395 (not a very clear page I'm afraid).
Luckily for you the entry also includes his date of birth  :D

Unfortunately the burial details in the Bishops Transcripts only go up to 1859.

There is definitely a Bulman inscription either in the churchyard or at the municipal cemetery - see this thread here   http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=304142.0. Unfortunately 'adamand' who recorded all the memorial inscriptions died a few years ago and none of his records are now available to us.

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline IanParsons

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 January 17 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for your quick reply. It adds a bit more detail to that side of the family tree. I also found the entry for John Bulman's christening in 1795. I might have to try the local vicar or someone in Witton le Wear for the headstone details as I live in Northants.
Parsons, Bulman, Garnett, Hartley,

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 January 17 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello and a warm welcome to Rootschat! I don't know if there is a connection, but I have a Mary Bulman who was born about 1822 - not sure where - who married in 1843 to Thomas Lishman. I think they stayed mostly in the Hexham, NBL area.I hope this helps. Sincerely, patrexjax
ARCHIBALD/ARCHBALD: Tweedmouth, NBL; CHARLTON: Ponteland, NBL;
ERRINGTON: West Denton, NBL; 
FAIRLESS: Longbenton, NBL;
HARDING: Hollinside, Co. Durham;
KING: Newcastle-on-Tyne & Berwickshire;
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;
PAULIN: Berwickshire; REAY, Ponteland, NBL;
SCOTT: Norham, NBL; SELBY: Tweedmouth, NBL;
SLIGH: Berwickshire; SPOOR: Whickham & Ryton;
WIDDRINGTON: NBL

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 07 January 17 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello and a warm welcome to Rootschat! I don't know if there is a connection, but I have a Mary Bulman who was born about 1822 - not sure where - who married in 1843 to Thomas Lishman. I think they stayed mostly in the Hexham, NBL area.I hope this helps. Sincerely, patrexjax

I'm going off topic (since Ian is specifically looking for burial details) but if this is the couple living in Battle Hill Hexham in 1851, then this census shows Mary's birthplace as Hexhamshire.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 07 January 17 14:12 GMT (UK) »
I might have to try the local vicar or someone in Witton le Wear for the headstone details as I live in Northants.

The Vicar might possibly be able to help if he has access to a local list of churchyard memorial inscriptions.
But bear in mind that as well as the churchyard there is a separate municipal cemetery at Witton le Wear. The parish clerk might be able to give you more information about the latter, email address here  http://wlw.necsits.co.uk/

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 07 January 17 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Can't help with the burials, sorry but if you don't already have their probate entries these may be of interest.

1867 Wills Proved
26th August
of John Bulman late of Witton le Wear County of Durham Yeoman deceased who died 2 March 1867 at Witton le Wear aforesaid was proved at Durham by the oath of John Bulman of West Auckland in the County aforesaid Farmer the Son the sole Executor.

and another for Sarah

The Will of Sarah Bulman late of Witton le Wear in the County of Durham Widow who died 21 February at Witton le Wear was proved at Durham by George Ramshaw Bulman of Redcar on the North Riding of the County of York Commercial Clerk the son and George Ramshaw of Witton le Wear Joiner the Executors.

Boo