Author Topic: WEISBECKER - NICHOLSON - KISCH - FENOLN - BROWNELL  (Read 508 times)

Offline Josh P

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WEISBECKER - NICHOLSON - KISCH - FENOLN - BROWNELL
« on: Sunday 08 January 17 12:06 GMT (UK) »
I'm searching for any extended family in South Africa, some of whom (the BROWNELLs) I last met in Cape Town in 1993, but who are no longer living.

Are there any descendants out there of Charles WEISBECKER (b 1829 Cork, Ireland; d 1915 Cape Town) and Lolah Anne de BEAUREGARD (b 1844 Yorkshire; d 1933 Cape Town)?

Their daughters Lolah ('Annie'), Vida and Augusta ('Gussie') visited my family in England in the 1920s and 30s.  None married, but their sisters Theckla and Stella married a NICHOLSON and KISCH respectively, the NICHOLSON daughters then marrying a FENLON and BROWNELL.

The younger Lolah (b 1876 Brentford, Mddx.) had two family portraits by my 3+great grandfather Thomas Harrington Wilson, which I would love to trace to have copies made - particularly one of my 4+great grandmother Susannah HIGHAM née CRESPEL.

Should anyone know of any of this family in South Africa (still most likely in the Cape), I would be delighted to hear.  Thank you.

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: WEISBECKER - NICHOLSON - KISCH - FENOLN - BROWNELL
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 January 17 13:52 GMT (UK) »
Suggest you put this on the Waar in die Wereld ( where in the world) group on Facebook you may get a better result.
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

Offline Josh P

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: WEISBECKER - NICHOLSON - KISCH - FENOLN - BROWNELL
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 January 17 09:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll check it out.