Author Topic: Katherine Sarah Tanner - lookup please  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Katherine Sarah Tanner - lookup please
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 22:50 GMT (UK) »
She was clearly still single in 1918 when she enlisted but can find no marriage for her, nor indeed a death entry so what became of her?

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MET128

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 22:57 GMT (UK) »
I found a marriage of Katherine Sarah Tanner to John S Sharpe in 1922 in Wandsworth.

I do not know if it is her. I will order the marriage certificate and see if there is a father listed which might tie it up.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 23:26 GMT (UK) »
I see - didn't pick up on this because this person married as plain Katherine Tanner.

If this was her she and John S. Sharpe (bc.1898, d. Mar.qtr.1928 Wandsworth) had 2 sons with initials H.J. in 1922 Wandsworth and M.A. in 1924 Wandsworth (won't list full names in case still living but you can easily find them on FreeBMD birth index).

You'll be able to find them in the 1939 Register (on FindMyPast) which will give you their birthdates.

Katherine is listed as plain Katherine Sharpe in electoral rolls but there is a death entry for a Katherine Sarah Sharpe b.12/11/1896, d.Oct.1988 Croydon.

If you find Katherine on 1939 register this will give you her birthdate and you can then see if that is the same as that for the Katherine Sarah who died 1988.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MET128

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annette,

Yes this is as far as I got.
A bit of an assumption that the 1939 Katherine S sharpe in Wandsworth widower is Katherine Tanner married to sharpe, is Katherine Sarah Tanner daughter of Charles Tanner from Cheriton.

The only thing I know about her is she used to visit Cheriton/Alresford on the train from "London".

A bit of a wild stab in the dark! But luckily it is not a common name!

I will have to order the marriage cert I think to see if it gives any further details.....