Author Topic: hurley/ doocey familly  (Read 11502 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: hurley/ doocey familly
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 25 May 17 08:14 BST (UK) »
You have laid the problems out well.
This is an interesting though very confusing thread  ;D

I have done a wee timeline as I was getting lost & the sums are not adding up for me either  :-\

Sinann Reply #25

Bart Doocey (who dies 1891) and Mary Hurley (who dies 1900) appear to have married 1869
Registered in Lismore, image not online yet
Vol 9 Page 382 for both.

First child Thomas born August 1869

Joanna 4 June 1871 There is a death of a Johanna Doosey 1871 age 0 image not online yet

Michael 2 Jan 1873

Meanwhile (in-between)……but above Mary doesn’t die until 1900

Brigid Reply #21
Bartholomew Doosey married Maria Hurley 15 the April 1875 kinsway

Just to add to this, I can't find any place in Co. Waterford called Kinsway.
I can't find this marriage in the area the Dooceys were living or any where else in Ireland.

Then……

Maurice Hurley witnessed Bartholomew Doocey s death in 1894 but Brigid has him dying 1900 (from somewhere) & there's another mention he died 1891.

Bartholomew died...

Are the dates all referring to the same man?

Maurice would have been 13 yrs old (would a 13 yr old do this)?

Then Mary (1st wife) dies 1900

My guess is it has to be different families but there's no mention of ages supporting 3 deaths for Bartholomew i.e. that needs investigated & were these deaths all in the same area or spread?

I must have missed the 1900 death, I'd have to read back to find it.
Mary the mother died in 1900.

Bartholomew Doocey husband of Mary Hurley died in 1891 aged 50, his death was registered, the informant was his wife Mary.
He only had one wife that I can find.

The 1894 death, is a total mystery to me.
The informant was Maurice Hurley which indicates the information is from a death cert, yet there is no death of a Bartholomew registered in Lismore in 1894.
This is what I've understood so far about this death from what's been said.
Bartholomew Doocey son of Bartholomew Doocey and Mary Hurley died in 1894, his death was registered and the informant was his 13 year old brother Maurice who claimed to be Bartholomew's brother but used the surname Hurley for himself. Bartholomew than rises from the death and is living with his brother Michael and other siblings in 1901.*

*I said 1911 in an earlier reply by mistake.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 25 May 17 09:19 BST (UK) »
The spelling of the surname is a bit different but the age is only out by a year.
Bartholomew Ducey born Ireland 1887 parents Bartholomew Ducey and Mary Hurley in America.
Marriage
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:243Z-WRF
Death
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2WVP-DNG

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 25 May 17 14:17 BST (UK) »
I got through the back door, yeepee
Marriage of Anna Harley to Samuel Leech 1906
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1906/10145/5691245.pdf
anyone what to make a stab at the middle initial of her name.

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 25 May 17 14:33 BST (UK) »
I think it's an H

Apologies for some of my vague facts ..I was making discoveries late at night and on my tablet not computer so couldn't copy .i.m hoping that now shels is on# An   try

I can share my finds with her including document refs which I wouldn't attempt to copy
 ....but some of the information was from what people had on their trees  no evidences actually given !
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline shels1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 25 May 17 14:45 BST (UK) »
That is the problem I am having is all the name changed  of  names and ages different. Thank for the work will look into today

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 25 May 17 15:00 BST (UK) »
I think it's an H

Apologies for some of my vague facts ..I was making discoveries late at night and on my tablet not computer so couldn't copy .i.m hoping that now shels is on ancestry I can share my finds with her including document refs which I wouldn't attempt to copy ....but some of the information was from what people had on their trees  no evidences actually given !

So which information has hard evidence? Forget about anything with out documentation.

Do you know if there is any documented evidence of Annie Hurley/Harley/Leech's mother's maiden name.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 25 May 17 15:03 BST (UK) »
Apologies for some of my vague facts ..

Brigid,

I knew it was A*try, was meaning we didn't know where the person who's tree it came from found the info.  ;D but was mainly just to point out there may have been a possible other marriage with a different couple given the fact it was in-between having children with his wife i.e. relating to your post for reading over (nothing worse having to read through everything when we can relate to a post no. #) & that's why I done the timeline as my eyes were like ping-pong balls going back & forth  ::)

Sinann,

You're on a roll but I don't envy your task with all those variants (have enough in my own tree to find)  :P

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 25 May 17 15:07 BST (UK) »
They married in the Church in Sandymount. Sandymount doesn't appear to have any records online
https://www.johngrenham.com/records/rc_church.php?churchid=0528&parish=Sandymount
the only way to see if her mother's name is on the marriage would be to ask the church in Sandymount.