Author Topic: Marriage of David Carey and Emma  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Marycarey17

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of David Carey and Emma
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 05 February 17 10:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Buzz, this is so exciting. I really want to find out what happened to the other children of David & Emma, my grandma told people that none of the boys came back from the war, but the general feeling was this was part of a plan to cut off from the Carey family due to pressure from my step-grandad William Rice. If you have any information on Elizabeth & Henry's siblings I would love to know. I believe there were 9 children in all. How amazing that Elizabeth lived to 97, the same age that my Mum Connie(her niece) died.Mum died in 2011, what a shame she never got to meet her Aunt Elizabeth. The family tree on Ancestry is in the name of Patrick Haughton (the Haughton family tree). I'm named as a contributor but never have as I'm not great at this techno stuff!! Paddy says he has let it slip of late, but with your info there is more to add, so thanks. I don't know if you need his permission to look, but let me know if you do. Mary
Carey, Haughton, Reid, Duffin

Offline BUZZ

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of David Carey and Emma
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 05 February 17 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mary,

On the subject of Henry's siblings my cousin told me that besides her grandmother Elizabeth she also knew Louisa and Albert.

At the outbreak of the war in 1914 the three oldest sons David, George and William if they were still alive would have been aged 42, 40 and 37 at that age I'm not sure they would have been compelled to sign up.

Buzz