Author Topic: Please help me to return this CANNON Family Bible...  (Read 24118 times)

Offline MTRIGBY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me to return this CANNON Family Bible...
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 22 February 06 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks WD,

Much appreciated. My GR/FR sub lapsed in 2004 and I didn't check there - though I knew I ought to. I've been pre-occupied with other stuff so just left these Cannon threads dangling - as it were - in the hope that someone/something might turn up (!).

I've since found some faded pencil writing in the inner front cover but I need to go 'forensic' on it to find out what it used to say (IOW, hold it up a bulb at a funny angle until it looks legible).

Poor bible just sitting in a pile of books in our spare room at the moment. Will dig it out at some point and get a full tree out of what's written.

Cheers,
Mike.

Offline xtonaud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 26 February 06 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Cumbria Family History Society

Posting a query here might be of use. Good Luck

Audrey
census records are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Harrison; Iddon; Jolly; Laithwaite; Livesey; Pilkington; Robinson; Shorrock ; Smith - Lancashire;  Boden; Morgan ;   - Shropshire/Montgomeryshire; Cragg ; Shepherd - Westmorland

Offline pamelacannon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 15 September 08 15:01 BST (UK) »

I see this post was made several years ago but only just developed an interest in wondering where my family came from on my fathers side. (the cannon's) as i know vertually nothing about him or the family history.
I dont acctually know much other than my grandads name was noel cannon (or geoffrey cannon) and was born on boxing day but i dont know the year and he was born in liverpool. and he married moira (dont know maiden name or year of marriage)
I have sent a link to my uncle as i know that he is researching the family tree and may have got quite far back.
as i say i have basically no information on my family but hopefully this will be relavant to my uncle.
look forward to seeing how this progresses
Pam

Offline MTRIGBY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 15 September 08 16:02 BST (UK) »

look forward to seeing how this progresses

Hi Pam,

Fingers crossed for you. The Bible is still here and although I recieved a few offers to rehome it, the family links were tenuous. I'd like nothing better than to perch it upon any branch of it's rightful family tree.

Regards,
Mike.

Offline pamelacannon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 15 September 08 22:17 BST (UK) »
I think its brilliant what your doing,
I stil havent spoken to my uncle but have spoken to my cousin and she said that my grandad geoff noel cannon was born in 1935 and married moira hessey still dont know the year, they both died in 1995 (aprox 6 months apart)
My grand father had many brothers not sure of there names yet but my great grand fathers name was Gorden cannon and he married margarita (not sure of maiden name) am assuming he was born some time arround 1910ish  but that is just a guess going by the year my grandad was born.
there was an old story i remember my grandad telling me that one of my ancestory was a mariner but as i was a young child at the time i have no recollection of whom it was he was talking about.
Hopefully i will find out my grandads brothers. sisters and uncles and cousins soon and be able to discover if it is our family bible
thankyou so much for getting back in touch so quickly you have sparked quite a big talking point in the family
Pam

Offline Tisy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 17 September 08 06:49 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have a James Cannon b. about 1798 in Herefordshire in my family tree.  He migrated to South Africa in 1820 and married Betty Wild, daughter of Abraham Wild and Ann Thornton, who was born in 1811 st Shaw, Oldham.  Probably no use to you, but thought that anything might help!  Let me know if you need any more info.

Regards,

Tisy

Offline coz60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 02 February 09 02:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike,
          I know this link is old but only just come across your message re cannon family bible,I couldn't`t believe it.Do you still have this bible.
                             I have a direct link to peregrine Fisher who married Abigail Wilson.They had a daughter Anne.Peregrine was the Brother of my great great grandfather Joseph fisher Joseph and peregrines parents were Joseph fisher and grace sumpton of Lorton cumberland.
      I find it amazing that you found this bible in liverpool where I live.This is something I would love to have a look at.
      I know there was a family bible lost in the family which I assume was a fisher family bible,so if anyone ever comes across one please let me know.
                                       Best regards
                                           Coreen

Offline johngirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Dad and his cousins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 02 February 09 02:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi coz60,

Mike was last online 14th January 2009. Keep coming back as I`m sure he will answer your post.

Johngirl
JOHN- Pembrokeshire Wales.  FREEMAN -England?
MEDLICOT -Monmouthshire Wales.
ISAAC -Gloucestershire and Liverpool.[Toxteth Park] SNOW- England .Convict. FRAZER- England.Convict.
DEAL -Ireland .Convict.
KEMP -Saint Mary Cray Kent.Eynsford Wilmington England.Convict.
BLACKBERRY -Whitechapel .Convict. CONDON -alias
DUFFY-Brighton England. Convict.
BANTICK -Ixworth Sussex England. Convict.
JONES England????[George]Convict.
ROSE-England. Convict.
All came to Tas

Offline coz60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 02 February 09 04:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi johngirl
               Thankyou,I keep popping in.
                                   kind regards
                                      coz