Author Topic: Turner brothers Transported - Tamworth to New South Wale- Who were their parents  (Read 3470 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Turner brothers Transported - Tamworth to New South Wale- Who were their parents
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 06:11 GMT (UK) »
Just a small point. When written Margt, Mary and May can look similar.

Do you have a copy of the document which names his mother as May? It could be worth getting a second opinion on what is written.

As that information was presumably given by John himself, then you would expect it to be accurate, however accents and what the person who filled in the forms believed John said, need to be considered.

I might be trying to make this fit, but I can see there could be a similarity between the spoken Wright and Reilly/Rahiley.

Offline finlib10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Turner brothers Transported - Tamworth to New South Wale- Who were their parents
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 07:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jomot for those baptism records.  The dates seem to match. Interestingly John named one of his children "Henry" but that might not mean anything given how common the names in question were at the time.

One question:  I take it there would be no birth certificates for those children that I could write for.  Registration through BDMs came much later.  Am I correct.  Would there be further information in the church records other than what you found in your data base?  Did you find the baptisms in Family Search, Jonot.

Also I mentioned John Turner's middle name was Charles.  That was reported on his wife's death certificate.

Cheers Richardll

Offline finlib10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 07:26 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone explain how I could upload the document showing Margaret Rahiley's name on the death certificate please?

Online Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 07:31 GMT (UK) »
The baptisms are available on familysearch, there are possibly others. These are for parents William/Mary in Tamworth.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01jg0/. Also http://www.freereg.org.uk/search_queries/new

Civil Registration did not start until 1 July 1837 in England/Wales

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Online Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 07:49 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone explain how I could upload the document showing Margaret Rahiley's name on the death certificate please?

This may help, usually a cropped portion of doc is posted.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=693999.msg5377444#msg5377444

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 07:52 GMT (UK) »
You can't upload an image to this thread because the functionality isn't available on look-up boards.

The image I posted earlier (reply #14) is rendered via Photobucket code. You can upload an image to Photobucket (or a similar photo sharing site) then paste the image code into a message.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 13:08 GMT (UK) »
There is a marriage for William Turner & Mary Wright on 15 Oct 1798 at Kingsbury, which is about 6 miles from Tamworth.  You will need to sign in to Familysearch to see the image but it looks to me as if it has 'mistake' written next to it, although I think that may just refer to the number in the register, which has been altered.  Witnesses were Robert Turner & Thomas Myling, although the latter was a witness to all others on the page.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6PZZ-LSP?mode=g&i=43&cc=1462403

I've checked the additional Tamworth baptisms provided by Cas, but no further clues unfortunately.

23 Jun 1799 Robert s/o William & Mary Turner, Hopwas
25 May 1801 Sarah d/o William & Mary Turner, Coton
10 Jul 1803 Elizabeth d/o William & Mary Turner

A Robert Turner aged 52 was buried Tamworth 10 Apr 1850, but I've no idea if its the same Robert who was baptised to William & Mary in 1799.

MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.