Author Topic: Daniel Watson Richardson and Eleanor Reed of Longbenton  (Read 7438 times)

Offline Christianmpoulsen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Watson Richardson and Eleanor Reed of Longbenton
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 14:32 GMT (UK) »
Alan, I obtained a copy of the Marriage Certificate of George Richardson & Sarah Swinhoe as you suggested. It has confirmed that Georges fathers name was also Daniel Richardson (same as Georges son Daniel Watson)
This supports the theory that Georges father is Daniel Richardson b 10 May 1767 in Longbenton and his mother is Isabel Allison b 29 Mar 1767 in Meldon (Meldon also being where George was born)

You suspected these were the parents previously and said George was baptised in Mitford, and there was also the link with their other son being called Daniel Richardson and my Daniel Watson Richardson appearing to be working for him (his Uncle)

Can anyone please help me with reading the residence name (I think something street) and the name of the first witness?

Looks like I now have both Daniel Watson Richardsons paternal grandparents as well as Eleanor Reeds maternal grandparents!

The search will now move to the parents of Daniel mother, Jane Watson born before 1808 and died before 1851 and also of Eleanors father, William Reed b circa 1791 in Meldon

Thanks, Christian
Robson (NBL ENGLAND); Armstrong (NBL ENGLAND);Richardson (NBL ENGLAND); Money (NFK & NBL ENGLAND); Gibson (NBL ENGLAND);
Swoish/Swash (NFK ENGLAND);Reed (NBL ENGLAND);
Watson (NBL ENGLAND); Church (NFK ENGLAND); Trobe/Trollop (NBL ENGLAND); Lowes (NBL ENGLAND);
Sherwood (NBL ENGLAND); Harrison (NBL ENGLAND)

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Saturday 27 January 18 09:33 GMT (UK) »

Can anyone please help me with reading the residence name (I think something street) and the name of the first witness?

Residence is Percy St., Witness is James Welch

Boo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Saturday 27 January 18 10:25 GMT (UK) »

Residence is Percy St., Witness is James Welch

Boo

Thank you Boo
Robson (NBL ENGLAND); Armstrong (NBL ENGLAND);Richardson (NBL ENGLAND); Money (NFK & NBL ENGLAND); Gibson (NBL ENGLAND);
Watson (NBL ENGLAND); Church (NFK ENGLAND); Trobe/Trollop (NBL ENGLAND); Lowes (NBL ENGLAND);

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Saturday 03 February 18 11:16 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone is able to help again.

Myself and the person who is a DNA match with me via Eleanor Reeds siblings John Reeds descendant have a shared DNA match. This person has a tree that leads up to a William Reed b circa 1816 in Woodhorn, Northumberland.

We believe that he may be another sibling of Eleanor and John Reed, and child of William Reed b1791 Meldon and Margaret Trobe/Trollop b1792 Brainshaugh. The reason for this is a)the DNA match b)the fact that parents William Reed and Margaret Trobe married in 1813 and their first child otherwise wasn't until Elizabeth in 1818 c)it would mean the first child was named after his father

I am searching for any scrap of evidence to back this up. I haven't been able to find this William Reeds baptism or anything else to confirm it is the same person.

Here are the details I know about him

William Reed b circa 1816 Woodhorn, Northumberland

married Margaret Brewes July 1846 Gateshead, Durham

Children -
William T Reed b1848 Bermondsey
John Reed b1850 Bermondsey
George H Reed b1851 Bermondsey
Mary E Reed b1857 Bermondsey

Any help to confirm this link would be great, or indeed to confirm it isn't.

thank you
Christian

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Saturday 03 February 18 15:10 GMT (UK) »
I'm not seeing a relevant baptism on freereg for Woodhorn but there is one in Horton.

24 March 1816  William Reed, parents - William Reed, Husbandman, and Margaret.  Living at Stickley

Horton at one time was part of Woodhorn parish.

Christine

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Saturday 03 February 18 15:26 GMT (UK) »
That sounds promising, thanks again for the local geographical knowledge. I will try to find the original record and hope for a mother’s maiden name!

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Saturday 03 February 18 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately the mothers maiden name isn’t given (I think you were looking at the original scanned record also sorry)
I can’t locate a copy of the marriage record to see who the witnesses were or who was listed as the father unfortunately.

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Saturday 03 February 18 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately the mothers maiden name isn’t given (I think you were looking at the original scanned record also sorry)

Not this time - I was looking at a transcription  :)  but from 1813 records were standardised and it is unusual to have a mother's maiden name included if she was married to the child's father.  Also - the transcription on freereg would have included the maiden name if it had been given

Christine

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Saturday 10 February 18 19:56 GMT (UK) »
I am now trying to look to find baptisms/more accurate dates of birth of all the children of Daniel Watson Richardson and Eleanor Reed, siblings to Ellen Richardson b circa 1870 Bigges Main. It’s been hard to get a lead on their future marriages etc without this

This is how they appear in the 1871 census

Elizabeth Richardson b circa 1859 Longhirst
Jane A Richardson b circa 1861 Bedlington
Margaret Richardson b circa 1862 Bedlington
Susannah Richardson b circa 1867 Wallsend
Ann Richardson b circa 1868 Longbenton
Eleanor Richardson b circa 1870 Bigges Main

Any pointers on where to look or is it likely they weren’t baptised?