Author Topic: NAYLOR Hi I am trying to find  (Read 3125 times)

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: NAYLOR Hi I am trying to find
« Reply #18 on: Monday 06 March 17 15:20 GMT (UK) »
I can't readily see a marriage for Oliver.

Other than Elizabeth Rumsey's baptism, do you have any further sightings of her?  She is not at home in 1841, she is not at home in 1851, she is not the Elizabeth who married Henry Francis Wollaston.
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline wolly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 08 March 17 22:41 GMT (UK) »
no that is what I am trying to find out,in the family history book it states that the Elizabeth that married Henry francis Wollaston was the daughter of Edward Naylor, this is where the confusion sets in as we cant find anything about Oliver who is stated on the marriage cert, and we cant find anything re Elizabeth Rumsey Naylor. its a real mystery family     wolly

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 10 March 17 08:02 GMT (UK) »
If the main query is who was the father of Elizabeth who married Henry Wollaston the only way to be sure is get the marriage cert.  As was mentioned earlier

OK - more on the Elizabeths.

Oliver Naylor made a will in 1838; the executors were his friend Henry Wood and his daughter Elizabeth Naylor.  His son Thomas was a beneficiary.

Oliver died in 1845.  The probate record refers to his daughter Elizabeth Naylor as a spinster.

So, unless there was an error at probate, the Elizabeth Naylor who married Henry Wollaston in 1839 must have been Elizabeth Rumsey Naylor, daughter of Edward.

On the other hand, Elizabeth Wollaston's birthplace strongly points to her being Oliver's daughter.

Obviously her marriage certificate would clear this up.

The Bury & Norwich post confirms that it was Elizabeth daughter of Oliver who married Henry F Wollaston
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wolly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 10 March 17 23:00 GMT (UK) »
thank you Rosie, confusing isn't it I have  a copy of the marriage cert which says Elizabeth  daughter of Oliver, where did you find the Will of oliver   its just a matter of which Elizabeth is our gggrandmother     also as we are trying to establish the mother of our gg grandfather  James Henry Wollaston as he was illigitemate, and at his xning mother was stated as Elizabeth  father Henry Francis  Wollaston have sent an attach  thanks wolly

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 12 March 17 08:06 GMT (UK) »
As you have a copy of the marriage that confirms Elizabeth as the daughter of Oliver as does the newspaper announcement I mentioned then I think that you can ignore the attachment you just posted, someone clearly has it wrong.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 12 March 17 10:40 GMT (UK) »
avm228 found Olivers will  ;D  - it is available to view on Ancestry