Author Topic: Burial Look up please  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Look up please
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 February 17 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much indeed rosie99, CaroleW, Annie65115 and Jomot for your replies  ;D

I think CaroleW has supplied enough information to include exact dates to suggest that Rose Ella Hall is not Rosetta Hall who married Charles B C Hayes. The Rose E Hall marrying William E Blackwell in Leicester in the December quarter of 1913 as per CaroleW`s reply at 16.55 seems the most realistic option.

If this is the correct marriage then Jomot`s reply is very poignant.

In 1911 Rose Ella Hall was living in Bardolph Street in Leicester. Would this help narrow down the search for a church and help in the request for a marriage Look Up  :-\

Many sincere thanks once again rosie99, CaroleW, Annie65115 and Jomot. Your help and interest in my post is greatly appreciated.

Steve
Banbury and Hall families from Leicester 1850 to 1950.

Parfery or Parfrey family from Norfolk or Cambs 1800 to 1900.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 February 17 19:38 GMT (UK) »
1 Dec 1913 Parish Church Belgrave

William Loft Blackwell 23 Bachelor Toolmaker of Kirk House, Church Rd. Father William Blackwell (dec'd) Engine Driver
Rose Ella Hall 18 Spinster Clerk of Kirk House, Church Rd. Father John Hall Hosiery Hand

Both signed
Wit: Albert Joyce, Louisa Haltham
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 February 17 19:58 GMT (UK) »
I`m over the moon Jomot, can`t thank you enough ;D ;D

I`ve been searching ages and ages as per my original post. I was very young when my Grandfather passed away in the early 1960s and I`ve been informed by family elders that he was apparently closer to Rose Ella in comparison to other siblings. Hence my quest.  :-[

Many many thanks again Jomot

Steve

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 27 February 17 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Bit of a longshot here.  Freebmd shows William Loft Blackwell was b 1887

Deaths

William L Blackwell aged 75 (1887)  September 1962   Weymouth Vol 7c Pge  663

Rose E Blackwell  72 (1895)  December 1967   Weymouth Vol   7c  Pge  199
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 27 February 17 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for coming back CaroleW with that information  ;D

I`ve got the bug again and have not stopped researching the free sites for information since your earlier posts together with those of  rosie99, Annie65115 and Jomo.

I like your latest suggestion (as I was struggling to find a death for Rose Ella in Leicestershire) but this would slightly contradict your earlier post regarding a death for William in 1973 living in Avery Close Lutterworth and your link to the will  :-\

I did however and rather sadly if proved correct find a death for Barbara Blackwell in the March quarter of 1928 aged 11. The age and dates match but I am only speculating at present.

I`ll keep plodding on to see if anything else comes to light but please revisit this thread if you have any further details or suggestions. All help and assistance is greatly appreciated. ;)

Steve

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 27 February 17 23:00 GMT (UK) »
At the time I posted that 1973 death - I thought William would be a similar age to Rose and looked for William L Blackwell births around 1892-1895 and found a couple of William Leonard's

When looking for a death for Rose - the only match I found at that time was in Dorset so dismissed it.

When the 1913 marriage details showed his middle name as Loft I started looking again and found that death in Dorset so started wondering if it was the same couple

Are they still in Leics on the 1939 register?
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 28 February 17 00:13 GMT (UK) »
I did however and rather sadly if proved correct find a death for Barbara Blackwell in the March quarter of 1928 aged 11. The age and dates match but I am only speculating at present.

This Barbara was buried at Oadby on 26 Jan 1928, aged 11.  No parents names given unfortunately.  I think the address is Queen Street.  Unusually the cause of death has been given too - Uraemia.

Are they still in Leics on the 1939 register?

I cant find them together anywhere.  The free index shows a William Blackwell in Weymouth with a DoB of 08 Jan 1889, so although the year is out the month fits with the Jan-Mar birth registration of William Loft Blackwell. Struggling to find Rose though  :-\
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 28 February 17 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much CaroleW and Jomot for your continued help and interest.  ;D

I must admit I burnt a little bit of midnight oil last night trying to find William and Rose Ella Blackwell but without success.  :(

I did earlier find a death for a Barbara Blackwell in the Leicester area but I think I can now dismiss that one thanks to the reply from Jomot.  ;)

I also came up with the same results when carrying out a basic search of the 1939 register.

Perhaps I need to trawl through some more of the free sites to see if anything shows up, I`ll try the LDS site first and will report back if I find anything worthy of a mention or request for help  ;) :-[

Many sincere thanks again CaroleW and Jomot, your replies and help are greatly appreciated.

Steve

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 28 February 17 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately - neither of those 2 Dorset deaths appear on the Probate register so no new info there