Author Topic: john oxlade  (Read 4675 times)

Offline Time keeper

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: john oxlade
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 16 August 20 09:30 BST (UK) »
Hi im decended from the above people my Gr grt Grandfather who lived and had the. Bookbinders in Peerless row

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 17 August 20 07:23 BST (UK) »
The John Oxlade and Mary Anne (née) Terry that I've been researching apparently moved from Portsea, where they had married in 1813, to London at some stage around 1820.  John's trade, at that time, was 'shoemaker' although later references have him as a bookbinder. There is a confused record of a son, Henry, born at that time.  The couple went on to have other children - John Thomas, for instance, who followed his father's trade as bookbinder.

Does any of this 'fit' what you know?  I'd be delighted if you have more information and if you felt it necessary to correct anything I've written.

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 14:44 GMT (UK) »
I'm sorry, Time Keeper.  I'd overlooked your contribution - to your gr.gr.grandfather who had the bookbinding business in Peerless Row.  Any more information would be very welcome.
Currently, I'm thinking that 'my' John Oxlade, when he moved from Portsea to London in or around 1820, can be located in Peerless-row - perhaps at the family home of Alexander Crawford (brother-in-law).

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.