Author Topic: ***COMPLETED***Exciting Discoveries!!  (Read 6207 times)

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting Discoveries!!
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 02 August 05 21:35 BST (UK) »
why have these two pages been duplicated?

Thanks Susan, we had a marvellous day together, wish it had been longer.

Look forward to seeing the photo's  ;)

Su xxx
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline Sahara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 02 August 05 22:03 BST (UK) »
Can I join in the "my other half really isn't interested" club?

My boyfriend has no idea why I am so interested in doing my family tree - especially the traipsing round the graveyards bit. Although i can understand that to some extent as it always seems to rain on the days I've planned to go gravestone hunting!

My boyfriend is seriously regretting telling me to "get a hobby". It means that whenever he complains, I remind him that it's all his fault I started it in the first place  ;D

Offline mrst

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 08 August 05 21:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Sahara

Its so addictive though isnt it ? Sometimes I can spend night after night investigating . Its quite bad when it gets to friday and you realise you have hardly had a conversation all week with the other half ! How has your search been going ?

Mrst

Offline Sahara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 08 August 05 21:23 BST (UK) »
Hi mrst,

It's far too addictive. I can spend an entire evening playing with all my family tree stuff only to realise that suddenly it's time to go to bed and I've barely said hello to my boyfriend, let along asked him how his day was!

The search is going REALLY well tho! I have gotten back much further than I thought I would on some lines (and I think I'm going to have to learn Latin for one of them now!). The Italian and Austrian part of the family is a bit of a no go so far tho so that's been a bit disappointing.

The good thing about doing your family tree is that it's a fantastic alternative when the football is on  ;D In fact, I prefer it when the football is on these days as then I have no one fighting with me for the computer or the desk  ;D

Sahara

Offline bwgan ceredig

• RootsChat Senior
  • They can 'do' 20 generations each!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 09 August 05 22:49 BST (UK) »
My family go around telling everyone that (cue spooky voice) I see dead people, a la 6th sense!! ::)

(I got the ending to that film well before the collective 'oh!' in the cinema!! ;D (Quite proud of that really as I usually only listen to scary films as I keep my eyes shut the whole time :o
Stiff - Monmouthshire & Glos, Parry - Monmouthshire
Stafford - Glos, Liles - Glos, Bright- Glos, Webb - Monmouthshire & Glos, Smart - Glos, Smith - Glos
Sullivan - Ireland, Jones (oh dear! Almost as bad as Smith), Walker - Somerset, Llewellyn
And, no don't laugh...Crump...I think it's great!

And of course, if I ever do manage to do a successful look up it is crown copyright and all that legal stuff!

Seriously Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 10 August 05 19:19 BST (UK) »
Sue Stanley - If only I had known you were going to Shocklach I could have asked you to do the graves searching for me ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I spent last weekend searching another graveyard - this time at St Mary's church in Welshpool.  It's a massive graveyard, with each area on a stepped incline (can't think of any other way to describe it) and with beautiful views of the Welsh hills.

Unfortunately, I wasn't lucky and couldn't find the 4 rellies I was looking for - even though I definitely know they're in there somewhere!!!!!!!!!  They're probably among the ones without headstones :(

Jan

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline bwgan ceredig

• RootsChat Senior
  • They can 'do' 20 generations each!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 11 August 05 13:51 BST (UK) »
Jan

I know the feeling - went to a graveyard last week with quite a good idea of where the graves should have been, but it was so overgrown I couldn't see anything :(

So frustrating :-\ ???

Regards

Julie
Stiff - Monmouthshire & Glos, Parry - Monmouthshire
Stafford - Glos, Liles - Glos, Bright- Glos, Webb - Monmouthshire & Glos, Smart - Glos, Smith - Glos
Sullivan - Ireland, Jones (oh dear! Almost as bad as Smith), Walker - Somerset, Llewellyn
And, no don't laugh...Crump...I think it's great!

And of course, if I ever do manage to do a successful look up it is crown copyright and all that legal stuff!

Seriously Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk