Author Topic: Help please, Moycarkey baptism, 1858  (Read 2639 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help please, Moycarkey baptism, 1858
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 March 17 04:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Merrick7

None of these seem to fit with my MAHER family:

Parents:  Edmond MAHER, Ellen MAHER
So far I have these children baptised at Moycarkey:
James 1846
Edmond 1848
Patrick 1851
Edmond 1853- 1883 - possibly the same as the Edmond baptised 1848 as his death registration states that he was aged 30 at the time of his death.  I don't have the certificate so am not sure if the age is correct.
Mary 1858-1930

I think this may be the marriage of Edmond and Ellen:
19 February, 1846, at Cashell
Edmond MAHER of Moycarkey
Ellen MAHER of Boscobell
Witnesses: Nick's MAHER, Mary MULCAHY

Would there be a civil record for this marriage?  It would be helpful to know their parents.

Edmond (the son) and Mary (daughter) both died in Australia, but I can't find immigration records for them.  Mary's death certificate (1930) states that she lived in Victoria for 54 years thus arriving about 1876. She was married in Victoria in 1880.

I don't know if she and her brother came together and whether any others of the family also emigrated.

It sees likely that some of the records listed by dathai are relevant but untangling them........ ::)

Added to this Mary MAHER married a DWYER (in Victoria) so once again.............. ::)

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline healyjfch

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 March 17 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Civil registration began in 1864 for Roman Catholics in Ireland

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 March 17 05:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks, healyjfch.  i thought that was the case.   :(

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk