Author Topic: Death Notice  (Read 842 times)

Offline joken

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death Notice
« on: Sunday 26 March 17 23:25 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
Trying to find a death notice of Peter James Morris and his wife.  Peter's probate came in October 2008 (Rysons Index).

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Death Notice
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 March 17 00:20 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

http://ryersonindex.org/index.htm

The Ryerson Index has not included any death notices for either of the two people you are identifying in your post.   It has indexed a Probate notice for a Peter James MORRIS, late of Maclean, which was published in the Clarence Valley Review (Yamba) 01 Oct 2008.   If this is one of your persons of interest, then the jurisdiction is New South Wales.   The application for a grant of Probate would be through the NSW judicial system.  Non historic probate files have restricted access limitations.

Can you confirm the date of death for the wife you are naming in your opening post?   If not, then it is possible she is still living, and so it may be best if you modify your post and remove her name. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 March 17 00:27 BST (UK) »
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline joken

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 March 17 00:46 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all your help.  I don't know either death dates.  I have tracked them both to Maclean but the electoral roll finished at 1980.  They were both there then but from then on it was a blank until I Looked on the Ryerson index, and found Peter.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 March 17 00:53 BST (UK) »
So you don't actually know if the wife you are naming in your opening post, or on the other thread is no longer living.   You have posted that Peter was born 1919, so his wife may well have been born in the 1920s, and she may well be still living.   

Ancestry has uploaded a number of electoral rolls.  Currently these cover some of the jurisdictions in Australia, but at the moment, Ancestry's uploads do not include any years more recent than 1980. 

There are restrictions on accessing information about living people, and we are not allowed to post names of people who may still be living. 

JM

Offline joken

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 March 17 06:56 BST (UK) »
Many thanks, will do a bit of sleuthing