Author Topic: Major Denis Bingham's son William birth information  (Read 52503 times)

Offline Bob Queensland

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Major Denis Bingham's son William birth information
« Reply #459 on: Wednesday 09 March 22 05:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi 53,
Have been searching through DNA matching of late and missed your post. The property listed aligns to Arthur's mother residence/lands, Bayview House and Cottage at Curraghbee a couple of miles south of Binghamstown, I believe. Maria Houston, William Bingham's wife eventually moved into Arthur's Doolough Lodge until her death at 99ys in Nov 1899. I think the sale went through as Arthur's brother William "Willy" emigrated to Melbourne about the same time. I am still chasing a wife for Maj Denis Bingham and a mother for my GG Grandfather William, aided and abetted by many helpful friends. Thank you for your interest, keep safe mate, Bob

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: Friday 13 January 23 11:49 GMT (UK) »

As you have already read, my ancestors stem from Doolough Lodge, the earliest my great great grandfather Arthur Shaen Bingham from the 1850's, I am unsure whether his father William owned it, a hunting lodge as part of the Bingham Estate in the early 1800s.

GeoHive National Townland and Historical Map Viewer (which is back up and running again) has these maps for Doolough Lodge.

After clicking 'Accept' and 'OK', click on the relevant Basemap Gallery map.

Historic 6" Last Edition B&W
https://arcg.is/1qWCeD
https://arcg.is/1u1vOn

Update:

OSi National Townland and Historical Map Viewer.
Doolough Lodge

MapGenie 6 Inch Last Edition Black
https://arcg.is/1zGHTj1

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline ruthgaytan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: Monday 13 February 23 02:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have confirmed that Bridget and Katherine Geraghty's mother was Ellen Tollett.

Ellen's father was Lord William Tollett, Earl of Mayo. Ellen's brother (and Bridget and Catherine's Uncle) was Lord Frances Tollett. Their cousin John Tollett esq of Belmullet. Nothing is known of their father (Geraghty) Ellen's husband, at least not in my family.

anyone know anything about the Tolletts?

I am just finding out that I believe I am a descendant of the Tolletts. I believe Ellen Tollett the daughter of Lord William Tollett married James Geraghty and they had Catherine Geraghty "Kitty" who married Major Denis Bingham. I am thinking Lord William Tollett would be my 5th Greag Grandfather and Ellen Tollett Geraghty my 4th Great Grandmother.

Offline ruthgaytan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: Saturday 11 March 23 04:27 GMT (UK) »
amac1210

RootChat is not allowing me to reply to you yet.