Author Topic: Illegitimacy 18th century gentry  (Read 11266 times)

Offline Old Bristolian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stephen Bumstead 1844-1903
    • View Profile
Re: Illegitimacy 18th century gentry
« Reply #81 on: Thursday 20 April 17 11:37 BST (UK) »
I agree with Ruskie and Sally, but repeat my previous remark - I don't think this is a serious enquiry, just a pre-arranged "conversation" between two fairly recent members of the group with a suspiciously similar numbers
of posts
Bumstead - London, Suffolk
Plant, Woolnough, Wase, Suffolk
Flexney, Godfrey, Burson, Hobby -  Oxfordshire
Street, Mitchell - Gloucestershire
Horwood, Heale Drew - Bristol
Gibbs, Gait, Noyes, Peters, Padfield, Board, York, Rogers, Horler, Heale, Emery, Clavey, Mogg, - Somerset
Fook, Snell - Devon
M(a)cDonald, Yuell, Gollan, McKenzie - Rosshire
McLennan, Mackintosh - Inverness
Williams, Jones - Angelsey & Caernarvon
Campbell, McMartin, McLellan, McKercher, Perthshire

Offline WillowG

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Thursday 20 April 17 16:35 BST (UK) »
Has it ever occurred to you that maybe this is too complicated for you to understand because it is too complicated for you to understand?

Maybe this just isn't the thread for you?

Lol, is having a conversation with someone really such an alien and strange concept that it must be pre-arranged? :) I often have enjoyable conversations with people I like and who share the same interests as me.

I have only done my best to try and help someone who was new here, like people helped me.

The plain facts of the case (which have been stated over and over again) are as follows:

Mary White died in 1788.

She was the mother of Ayscoghe Boucherett who was born in 1755, and Mary Boucherett who was baptised in 1764. Her christening record clearly states that her mother's name was Mary White.

Mary White may or may have been related to a James Wright who lived at Bushy Park in 1788.

There. Go forth and see what you can find.

Perhaps you can contribute something useful to this thread, instead of trying to distract those of us who have done our best to help solve this mystery from accomplishing our goal.

Finally, I will ask anyone who has visited this thread to familiarise themselves with the following concept:

Astroturfing. It is outlined here. Have you ever heard of a grassroots effort? Astroturfing is something that is trying to appear to be grassroots but actually isn’t. (That’s where the name comes from, AstroTurf is fake grass).

https://youtu.be/-bYAQ-ZZtEU

And: https://youtu.be/OauLuWXD_RI

It is why the IMDB message boards were closed down. It is a threat to forums and rational conversations everywhere.

Whoever the troll is here, it isn't me.

Offline sallyyorks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Thursday 20 April 17 18:41 BST (UK) »
Has it ever occurred to you that maybe this is too complicated for you to understand because it is too complicated for you to understand?

Maybe this just isn't the thread for you?

Yes. This thread is too complicated for me to understand. Could you please answer my question, how is any of this related to wildwitch's tree? Is wildwitch a relative of the Boucherret's? or of someone named Mary Wright/White?
Could you please come forward in time and post the details of the descendants of this tree. How did the tree arrive at this point?

Lol, is having a conversation with someone really such an alien and strange concept that it must be pre-arranged? :) I often have enjoyable conversations with people I like and who share the same interests as me.

I have only done my best to try and help someone who was new here, like people helped me.

You are right , having conversations about historical context is interesting but we are getting off track with posts about other people who are totally unconnected to this family.

The plain facts of the case (which have been stated over and over again) are as follows:

Mary White died in 1788.

She was the mother of Ayscoghe Boucherett who was born in 1755, and Mary Boucherett who was baptised in 1764. Her christening record clearly states that her mother's name was Mary White.

Mary White may or may have been related to a James Wright who lived at Bushy Park in 1788.

There. Go forth and see what you can find.

We need the details of the tree. How has wildwitch arrived at this point?
Please could you post the descendants.

Perhaps you can contribute something useful to this thread, instead of trying to distract those of us who have done our best to help solve this mystery from accomplishing our goal.

Finally, I will ask anyone who has visited this thread to familiarise themselves with the following concept:

Astroturfing. It is outlined here. Have you ever heard of a grassroots effort? Astroturfing is something that is trying to appear to be grassroots but actually isn’t. (That’s where the name comes from, AstroTurf is fake grass).

https://youtu.be/-bYAQ-ZZtEU

And: https://youtu.be/OauLuWXD_RI

It is why the IMDB message boards were closed down. It is a threat to forums and rational conversations everywhere.

Whoever the troll is here, it isn't me.

I had not heard of astroturfing before , is this an American concept? but no we are not 'astroturfing'. We just need the details of the descendants and the wider tree

I have repeatedly asked for the information on this tree and how the tree got to this point in time?

Please post the details of the next generation and come forward with the tree, otherwise it just looks like a desperate attempt to link some random person named Mary Wright/White (not an uncommon name in England) to another tree of some minor gentry family named Boucherret

Offline WillowG

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Thursday 20 April 17 18:48 BST (UK) »
Troll. Troll in the dungeon.

I won't reply to you anymore.

The kind of help you need, I am afraid, is of a kind I am incapable of offering.

Offline sallyyorks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Thursday 20 April 17 18:51 BST (UK) »

The kind of help you need, I am afraid, is of a kind I am incapable of offering.

So it would seem!

Offline Old Bristolian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stephen Bumstead 1844-1903
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Thursday 20 April 17 19:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your posts Sally- It seems as if reality is a concept too far for some!
Bumstead - London, Suffolk
Plant, Woolnough, Wase, Suffolk
Flexney, Godfrey, Burson, Hobby -  Oxfordshire
Street, Mitchell - Gloucestershire
Horwood, Heale Drew - Bristol
Gibbs, Gait, Noyes, Peters, Padfield, Board, York, Rogers, Horler, Heale, Emery, Clavey, Mogg, - Somerset
Fook, Snell - Devon
M(a)cDonald, Yuell, Gollan, McKenzie - Rosshire
McLennan, Mackintosh - Inverness
Williams, Jones - Angelsey & Caernarvon
Campbell, McMartin, McLellan, McKercher, Perthshire

Offline sallyyorks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Thursday 20 April 17 20:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your posts Sally- It seems as if reality is a concept too far for some!

I just feel sad, sad that history is being distorted like this into some kind of Hollywood fantasy and because in reality most Mary White/Wrights would have been labouring in the fields and far away from any gentry.
It just all seems to be plucked from thin air  :-\

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Thursday 20 April 17 20:28 BST (UK) »
Some remarks made on this thread are not within the spirit of RootsChat.  Before it deteriorates any further, I have chosen to lock it.

wildwitch, if you have any further specific queries relating to to your ancestor, which RootsChatters might be able to help to answer, perhaps you might like to start a new topic on the appropriate board.  :)

Thanks

Nell

All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk