Author Topic: Curiosity - RN  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Curiosity - RN
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 April 17 16:08 BST (UK) »
Read all about the project that started some ten years ago, most interesting. One learns something new every day. Still wonder how Cameron died though as he was recognised long before IFTC for a plot in the CWGC cemetery instead of the local cemetery!

I think IFTC are simply re-stating the criteria established by CWGC, presumably shortly after the Second World War ended, which seem likely to have been in effect when  Cameron died. The cause of his death could be something quite mundane. I have a serving soldier in my tree who, after a Saturday night out with the lads, was recovered from the river on the following Monday. Because he died within the prescribed time frame, his grave is marked with a CWGC headstone.

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 April 17 17:44 BST (UK) »
Has a few spare credits for SP.

Cause of death was Pulmonary Tuberculosis. Death registered by his wife Nora. Address 93 Findhorn, Morayshire.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline gralorn

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I Find More Brick Walls Than A Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 16 April 17 20:26 BST (UK) »
All solved and this thread may now be closed. He died at home. Cause of death was Pulmonary Tuberculosis. Death registered by his wife Nora. Address 93 Findhorn, Morayshire. He was on the strength of HMS Pembroke. Thank you for all your answers and help most appreciated.
Allard/Allwood/Alwood/ From Suffolk
Wright/Croftwright/ From London
Langmaid/ from Lanteglos By Fowey
Greig/ Banff/ Aberdeen