Author Topic: Any Houldgate Descendants in Notts?  (Read 1607 times)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Any Houldgate Descendants in Notts?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 May 23 11:56 BST (UK) »
Hello Alessandra. I can tell you there is a marriage in Nottingham June quarter 1931 Constance I Houldgate and Oscar W G Mayolfi.

Another marriage  again in Nottingham March 1945 Constance I Mayolfi and Charles F Carlisle.

Death 1992 Nottingham.
Constance Isobel Carlisle, born 12 August 1906

There is a second marriage for Oscar W G Mayolfi to Bessie Farthing in Mar 1939 two children registered. I cannot give the childrens names as they are probably still alive.

Burial 29 March 1990 Oscar Wladimiro Mayolfi-Rebaudi. Cremation. died 26 Mar 1990

There are a couple of possible deaths for a Charles Carlisle in Nottingham. One, Charles Edward, born 11 Jan 1908 and died 1979. The other born 17 Jan 1903 and died 1991.

1911- Aged 4 Living in Nottingham with her parents Harry Edward Houldgate & Maud Lilian.Her father was a restaurant proprietor.
1939-Constance was living with her father in Nottingham. working as an auxillary nurse.
I hope this helps.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline ALLIEREBAUDI

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 May 23 13:19 BST (UK) »
Dear Larkspur, THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Yes, this helps!
I already know the names of the living children, I think I even met one briefly in 1986. What I didn't know thought was the Wladimiro died on March 26th and was buried on March 29th. The same very day his favourite sister (my grandmother) died here in Italy. This is a bit shocking to me.
The info about Isobel were very helpful. I supposed she had no descendants. I would have loved to see a picture of her as my grandmother (her sister in law) always told me she was very beautiful. Stunning in fact.
Also the fact that she worked as an auxiliary nurse could explain how she and Wladimiro had met: He served in the army and I always heard that he had been imprisoned in England during the war times. (although, there was no war really in the 30s, so I still have to understand what that was about). An other fact I need to go into details about is the location "Annesley House, Villa Road". I suppose it was a place they used to host wedding parties and now it doesn't exist anymore. Or perhaps it was where the Houldgates lived and where also Wladimiro and isobel went to live. All very foggy. Need some research to make and it's just not easy. But thank you so much again for your help, it was key to me! And anything else that may come to your head about this, please let me know. For ever in your debt. Alessandra Rebaudi

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 22 May 23 14:56 BST (UK) »
UK World War 11 Alien Internees 1939-1945
There is a card for Mayolfi Oscar Wladimier birth 7 Feb 03.  It seems he was possibly released 15 April 1943, he is classed as a UK resident.
Annesley House Villa Road, Nottingham is certainly the Houldgates home on the 1911 census.
1939- Harry and Constance are at 17 Villa Road.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline ALLIEREBAUDI

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 22 May 23 18:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much again, this is such a precious information for me. I had no idea and I can't seem to be able to get in touch with any of the descendants in Nottingham. I know that John 'joined the Derbyshire Dog Section in 1969 on promotion from Nottingham  County Police' but that's all I got so far. I may have to get in touch with the Nottingham police and see if they can help me get in touch with him or his sister. Wladimiro was in fact born on Feb.7th 03 (in San Remo). It's definitely him! I have this pic that I attach. I was hoping it was taken in front of his house, but who knows. I went on google maps and looked up for 'street view' option of 17 Villa Road, which you have greatly and incredibly informed me about, but the house seems a different one. Will dig some more, perhaps I'll be lucky. Meanwhile, thank you so so much.