Author Topic: John Hannell IRVIN b. circa 1780  (Read 4606 times)

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Hannell IRVIN b. circa 1780
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 12:30 BST (UK) »
Meant to say that you need to search for South Shields in the Familysearch catalog to find the records I was referring to.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline Tim Irvin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 21:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeni,

I know the Irvin family were Presbyterians, and worshipped at St. Columba's church in North Shields. Maybe Jane Hill was from South Shields, and the Banns were called there before the wedding.

Tim

Offline starsista

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 21:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Tim. 

Just now I found a message from another descendant of Richard IRVIN, and her husband has created a tree, so I sent a message off to her, maybe her tree is the same as yours and if not, maybe she can tell me whether or not she has Barbara in her tree.  I'd like to get to the bottom of this mystery.

Jeni
Simpson, Stout, Strachan, Kidd, Lilly, Champion, Grigson, Bruce, Menzies, Polson, Murray, Livingston, Ross, MacKay, Dingwall, Armstrong, McDonald,

Offline Tim Irvin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeni,

I hope you do. I wonder who this other relative may be. Perhaps we may know them?

Tim

Offline starsista

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 05 September 17 21:56 BST (UK) »
Further to my research on John Hannell IRVIN, I have received Barbara's death certificate and this shows her mother to be Jane HILL.  So we are now further down the track, and another direct descendant of Richard IRVIN from the fishing/whaling company of North Shields has Barbara on her tree, although nothing of what happened to Barbara after her baptism.

Name and Surname - Barbara Steel Simpson
Name and surname of father - John Irvin
Name and, if known, maiden surname of mother - Jane Irvin formerly Hill
Rank or Profession of father - Captain Royal Navy

Jeni
Simpson, Stout, Strachan, Kidd, Lilly, Champion, Grigson, Bruce, Menzies, Polson, Murray, Livingston, Ross, MacKay, Dingwall, Armstrong, McDonald,

Offline SelDen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 05 September 17 22:04 BST (UK) »

Offline starsista

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 05 September 17 23:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you.  I have had a quick look and so far no John IRVIN in the records I checked so far, although there was a John IRVIN will and that was 1800, so not the right John, may still be a connection anyway.  Will continue searching the Naval Records.

Jeni