Author Topic: frost family ,christleton road, chester,1940s  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Taidquest

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Quo Fata Vocant
    • View Profile
frost family ,christleton road, chester,1940s
« on: Friday 29 July 05 01:10 BST (UK) »
 The purpose of this post is to hopefully find relatives
of a family who owned a lodging house on Christleton road in Chester during the world war 11.  the men who lodged there included my grandfather John(Jack) Owens who worked in an aerodrome or ammunition factory close by,it was possibly Vicker's/Armstrong.Information i have to date is that the landlady was a mrs Frost (possibly a widow) who had a daughter named Susan who would have been about five years old in December 1946.i would especially like to know if Susan or her descendants still live in the area.         
                                              Anne
<br />UK Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchive

Offline BevS

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: frost family ,christleton road, chester,1940s
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 October 12 00:21 BST (UK) »
Dear Sir

I am currently researching my daughter's ancestors who were a Frost family of Chester.  They were a significant family in Chester in the 19th century being flour Mill owners and also involved in local politics.  Members of the family were mayors and JPs.

Whether this lady is connected I do not yet know but I am copying the details and will check if any of the names come up in a large family tree I have been sent by another descendent I have located over the internet.

I will check against this information I have received in due course and get back to you.

Yours B Shannon