Author Topic: My relative Queen Elizabeth and I  (Read 4060 times)

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
Re: My relative Queen Elizabeth and I
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 09:39 BST (UK) »
Perfectly correct Skoosh  ;D ;D

Brad - Don't hold your breath  ::) ::) Looks like too many people in front of you for the throne of England.

Dorrie

p.s. as for me nae "posh"folk yet in my tree - just peasants.

Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 May 17 13:22 BST (UK) »
I have just had a happy thought......
All these years I have assumed that due to my European heritage there is no chance of relationship to the British monarchy,  but it has just occured to me that as most of the crowned heads of Europe were descended from Queen Victoria, there is EVERY chance Queen Elizabeth and I might well be related. :D

Frabjous Day!! ;)
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 May 17 20:15 BST (UK) »
Unless our Brad is descended from Mary Queen of Scots he can never be King of Britain, even supposing the Black Death comes back. England possibly? but Scotland nae chance!!
Skoosh.
The English ran out of kings when their Henry VIII died and Queen Elizabeth ascended the throne. When she died they had to borrow a king from Scotland! So all the supposed English monarchs since then are descended from Mary Queen of Scots.

James VI and I had a Danish wife. His son Charles I had a French wife. His son James VII and II had an English wife but their line fizzled out. George I had a German wife. So did his son George II, and his grandson Frederick. Frederick's son George III had a German wife, as did his sons George IV, William IV, and Edward, whose daughter Queen Victoria married a German. Her son Edward VII married a Danish wife. His son's wife was American. George V's wife was German/Russian. Not until George VI did a monarch of the United Kingdom marry a British wife - and Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon came of a Scottish family. HRH the Duke of Edinburgh is Greek/German. When/if the current Prince of Wales succeeds his mother, he will be the first British monarch since Henry VIII to have married an English wife and passed her genes on to future generations.

Puts Brexit in a different light, really.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline mike175

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 09 May 17 21:00 BST (UK) »
... HRH the Duke of Edinburgh is Greek/German ...

I believe he's also descended from Catherine the Great, the Danish kings, and Mary Queen of Scots, so Russian/Danish/Scottish/English as well . . . would probably have been in line for the Throne in his own right if enough people had died  ;)

But that probably applies to most of us if only we had the paper trail . . .
Baskervill - Devon, Foss - Hants, Gentry - Essex, Metherell - Devon, Partridge - Essex/London, Press - Norfolk/London, Stone - Surrey/Sussex, Stuttle - Essex/London, Wheate - Middlesex/Essex/Coventry/Oxfordshire/Staffs, Gibson - Essex, Wyatt - Essex/Kent

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 09 May 17 23:58 BST (UK) »
Brad hasn't been on rootschat since the day after he posted this thread so is unaware of these replies, and is probably beavering away on the paperwork organising his claim to the throne.  ;) ;D

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 10 May 17 09:18 BST (UK) »
Brad hasn't been on rootschat since the day after he posted this thread so is unaware of these replies, and is probably beavering away on the paperwork organising his claim to the throne.  ;) ;D

Wot no notifications?  :o
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 11 May 17 07:05 BST (UK) »
Whilst working through my late husband's family tree, I discovered that he was descended from one of the Anglo Saxon kings.  So none of these johnny-come-lately Norman interlopers for us, thank you very much!   ;D ;D ;D
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 11 May 17 08:50 BST (UK) »
I am bowing Greensleeves!!   :D

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 11 May 17 13:05 BST (UK) »
Only my tree through marriage, unfortunately mowsehowse.  I come from a long line of ag labs who, whilst experiencing some modest success in earlier times, were all living in poverty by the beginning of the 19th century.
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk