Author Topic: Robert Henry Sobey unknown death. (born pembrokshire 1899 lived in Grimsby 1920)  (Read 6620 times)

Offline DiddieVW

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi, My grandmother was Alice Maud Sobey born in Pembrokeshire & was married to Frank Cox, they had 3 children between them but there was 2 half brothers born out of wedlock, father unknown. Ronald J Sobey & Norman Sobey being the eldest 2 & George Alvin Cox, Frank cox jnr & leslie malcolm cox, leslie was my father.  Robert Henry & Harry Sobey were her siblings, so i guess we are related ! Any info would be greatly received, many thanks

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Henry Sobey unknown death. (born pembrokshire 1899 lived in Grimsby 1920)
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 18:49 BST (UK) »
yes it does seem a match name and yes Robert does seem to be in aberdeen Scotland and a baby born with the same name as his mother also in aberdeen a year after a marriage in northumberland seems probable. Its as close as we will get unless i ever find a new relative that can can confirm anything.
thanks again for all your help.

Aberdeen Evening Express, Fri 21 Jan 1977
DEATHS
"Sobey - Suddenly at 44 Marischal Street, Aberdeen, on Wednesday January 19, 1977, Jessie Ann Bruce, age 65 years, beloved wife of the late Robert Henry Sobey (Taffy), ...."

Offline Gwen in gozo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Henry Sobey unknown death. (born pembrokshire 1899 lived in Grimsby 1920)
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 21:09 BST (UK) »
Hi do you have the full newspaper entry

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 21:35 BST (UK) »
Hi do you have the full newspaper entry

It continues "Service at Aberdeen Crematorium, Hazlehead (East Chapel), on Monday, January 24, at 1pm to which all friends are respectfully invited. No flowers please. Resting at Gordon and Watson's Rest Rooms, Rosebank Place. R.I.P."

Offline yvonnegelina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 22 July 21 00:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Thankyou Hanes Teulu for the piece on my grandfather Robert Sobey. I was hoping to find marion , Roberts daughter but have since found out that my grandfather , jessie his wife and daughter have all passed away. My mother Doris Sobey is still alive at the grand old age of 97
and she has no pictures of her father Robert Sobey and we are yet to find out if Marion had maybe married and had children of her own. We would have dearly loved to have seen a picture of him in his youth and in his latter years. Thankyou Yvonne Laking 

Offline Gwen in gozo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 22 July 21 00:52 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for that 

Offline Holly1898

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 07 August 22 02:24 BST (UK) »
Hi I’m new here. My grandfather was Robert Sobey and he and his wife Jesse Ann had a daughter who was my mum. She did not have any brother or sister. I am her daughter. This is all so amazing to see! I know very little about my family.

Offline yvonnegelina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Friday 08 September 23 16:00 BST (UK) »
Hi
So sorry I havant been on this site for so.long
Was elated to see your message
I am.yvonne I live in Lincolnshure and my grandfather was Robert too ( my.mum was Doris Sobey who died two years ago aged 97 )
Would live you to message me please
Many thanks Yvonne
8/9/23

Offline berylsheart

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Friday 08 September 23 17:26 BST (UK) »
Hi I’m new here. My grandfather was Robert Sobey and he and his wife Jesse Ann had a daughter who was my mum. She did not have any brother or sister. I am her daughter. This is all so amazing to see! I know very little about my family.

Hi have just seen this post would love to hear from you if you can message me regarding Robert Henry Sobey and Jesse Ann
thanks