Author Topic: Robert Henry Sobey unknown death. (born pembrokshire 1899 lived in Grimsby 1920)  (Read 6611 times)

Offline Gwen in gozo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Dorothy or ian dont ring a bell he had a brother john

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
His sister was alice maud sobey married frank  they went to Oz in 1955  her married name was cox they went with their son and his wife

:)  I have already posted the info for Alice Maud and Frank COX migrating to Australia in 1951, as per the main index at the National Archives of Australia   :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Gwen in gozo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Yes sorry think we posted same time jim thanks
wonder if dorothy  was his wife perhaps

Offline Gwen in gozo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Need to go out will check back later thanks everyone for you help

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
 :)  My post is timed at 37 minutes past the hour, and your reply is timed at 44 minutes past the hour.   :)

I included a live link to the NAA website for you to access their site  :)  Here's a further live link :

https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/Scripts/PassengerSearch.asp

If you enter COX and New Australia (the ship they came on) and 1951 you will see Frank and Alice were the only ones with surname COX on that particular voyage,  BUT ....  :D  :D you will see others with that surname came same year on an earlier voyage of that same ship.   

You don't need to fill in every field in that search dialogue box, and sometimes 'less is more'  :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
From NSW BDM
1966 COX Alice Maud, father William John J, mother Matilda Marion at Yass reg 1966/42603

Ros

Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Death notice for Alice Maud COX and also a funeral notice
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article106934919

Ros

No mention of Robert ... sorry back to the search for Robert
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Scotlandspeople:

Robert Henry Sobey, died age 67 in 1967 in Aberdeen Eastern District

Offline Gwen in gozo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
From NSW BDM
1966 COX Alice Maud, father William John J, mother Matilda Marion at Yass reg 1966/42603

Ros what would this be in reference too?