Author Topic: 1911 census -is it possible to access  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Karenannie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1911 census -is it possible to access
« on: Wednesday 03 May 17 13:59 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
The family I'm looking for is CRAWFORD-James b C 1841 Crarae, argyleshire, Scotland
and his wife CAROLINE CRAWFORD -b C 1845 Stafford, Staffordshire, England.

I have them on the 1891 and 1901 Scotland census, but wondering if they stayed after that.
in 1901 they were living at 30 Inglefield Street, Glasgow Govanhill,Lanarkshire, Scotland.

I've looked on the 1911 census of England and doesn't seem like Caroline returned.

Regards Karen

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 census -is it possible to access
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 14:28 BST (UK) »
Have you looked for the family in Scotland in 1911? If they were in Scotland in 1891 and 1901 it is highly likely they were either living there or had died there by 1911.  :-\

The 1911 Scotland census is pay to view via a credit system on Scotland's People, but you should be able to narrow down any likely candidates in the index before using any credits.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 15:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen ,

The 1905 Valuation Rolls(Scotlandspeople) have a James Crawford , 30 Inglefield Street Govan & Gorbals.

Do you have a maiden for Caroline ?
There is a death in 1907 for a Caroline Crawford(other surnames Lewis , Wood) , age 60 , Govanhill Lanark(shire).

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Karenannie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 May 17 05:55 BST (UK) »
Hi again, and Thank you both, Ruskie and ev for getting back to me.
Ruskie,  I haven't had much to do with Scotland research to date, but I've now joined up to Scotland People so that's going to be a great help.

EV, Yes Caroline's maiden name was Wood and she had previously been married to a Lewis. Crawford was her 2nd husband. so Id guarantee that you have found her death.. Thank you very much for that.
As I mentioned to Ruskie I just joined the Scotland People, so I'm sure I'll find that a helpful site.
Regards to both of you.