Author Topic: Stained glass window St John's Church Belfast  (Read 1544 times)

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stained glass window St John's Church Belfast
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 May 17 15:14 BST (UK) »
and if you go through google or one off the search engine and type in the search box-

Ernest Stafford Carlos Stain Glass Windows

it will show you photos of stain windows and were they are.

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 May 17 19:01 BST (UK) »
I knew that the moderators would delete ihg's eMail address,
so took the precaution of noting it and passing it on to Mary.
I hope they're now in contact.

There's a Wikipedia article on Ernest Stafford Carlos,
but no doubt those who are interested have discovered it by now.
Similarly Gilwell Park.
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline Mimble

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie Louisa Jones of Aldon, great grandmother
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 08 May 17 19:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all your help everyone. I have already searched the internet extensively for all of the windows depicting The Pathfinder as well as the book Painting in Ernest which is a book about Carlos and his work especially the Pathfinder. I have found twelve altogether and a possible thirteenth. Wee Hugh has kindly provided a picture of the one at St John's Belfast and the email of someone who might be able to give more information.
Thanks again for all your help!
Mary
Morgan, Wilcox, Hulbert, Olive - Gloucestershire; Diggines, Gill, Rivers, Bull, Powell, Howell - Bristol; Hulley, Cawood - Yorkshire and South Africa; Stedman,  Hamar, Luther - Shropshire; Staddon, Rawle, Richards, Kemp -  West Somerset; Jones - Bettws, Montgomeryshire and Mainstone, Shropshire; Williams - Beguildy, Radnorshire; Coleman - Kent; Gradwell, Strickland - Lancashire;  Moodie -  Orkneys; Montgomery - Armagh, Down and Kildare; Parke - Kildare and Wicklow; Brangan - Bandon, Cork.