Author Topic: Birth/Baptism records for my great aunt.  (Read 1964 times)

Offline brendariani

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birth/Baptism records for my great aunt.
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 13 May 17 10:39 BST (UK) »
I am very curious now. 😀

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 13 May 17 11:41 BST (UK) »
When I search on Roots Ireland site for 'Riani' 1911 it shows records covering 1911 +/- 5 years so it may be Liugi's 1910 birth.
Yes- just put in Luigi as first name and 1 result.

Strangely enough there doesn't seem to be an obvious birth record for Maria with the family in 1911.

Mary Sherlock born 22 Dec.1901- mother Rosina, no father listed
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1902/01925/1745707.pdf
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline brendariani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 13 May 17 12:15 BST (UK) »
Yes, that's her. My Mother had no knowledge of this, until I informed her. She still seems to think her Grandfather
Italiano/Carlo/Charles is Mary's father, although we do not know for sure. In the 1911 census she is listed as Maria Riani and indeed married under Riani/Reani as it is spelt on her marriage record. I have attached a page of my g grandfather's identity book which states Rosina  aquired Italian citizenship when she married on 20 aug 1900. Yet I cannot find a record for this.

Offline brendariani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 13 May 17 12:16 BST (UK) »
Sorry attachment would not send.

Offline brendariani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 13 May 17 12:30 BST (UK) »
I wondered if you might find information on my Grandmother Mary Riani formerly Leonard,  whom I was told was born in 29 March 1903. I have just found her passport which states she was born 29 May 1903 in Ballyconnell?

Many thanks

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 13 May 17 12:40 BST (UK) »
I wondered if you might find information on my Grandmother Mary Riani formerly Leonard,  whom I was told was born in 29 March 1903. I have just found her passport which states she was born 29 May 1903 in Ballyconnell?

Many thanks

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 13 May 17 12:45 BST (UK) »
Yes, that's her. My Mother had no knowledge of this, until I informed her. She still seems to think her Grandfather
Italiano/Carlo/Charles is Mary's father, although we do not know for sure. In the 1911 census she is listed as Maria Riani and indeed married under Riani/Reani as it is spelt on her marriage record. I have attached a page of my g grandfather's identity book which states Rosina  aquired Italian citizenship when she married on 20 aug 1900. Yet I cannot find a record for this.

At that time (pre-WWI) a bride would have acquired the citizenship of her husband, However, despite what the identity book says and also what the 1911 census says, they did not marry until 1920.
It may be that Carlo already had a wife and they had to wait until she died in order to marry in church but that's purely speculation.
Due to all the inaccuracies found so far then it's possible Susan's birth was not registered under Riani or Sherlock and she was 'adopted' but again speculation.

Would be worth contacting their local church to see what, if any, baptism records for the children are there.