Author Topic: Hendersons of Linlithgowshire  (Read 30963 times)

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hendersons of Linlithgowshire
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday 05 July 17 03:43 BST (UK) »
ok thanks for all your help it has been good  what you have done for me i will try join   thans again ann

Offline Sparkles27

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: Monday 10 July 17 03:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Kiwican

How are you?  Hopefully what I'm about to tell you will make your day.  My name is Erin, I live in New Zealand and have just started researching my family tree.  My Mum is Beverley Henderson your Dads (Billy) sister.  I have joined ancestry and came across by chance your posts, on this site.  I have some stories, but more importantly some wonderful photos of you Grandfather.  Look forward to hearing from you soon, and you have made my day!!!

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: Monday 10 July 17 03:54 BST (UK) »
hi wonderfull to meet you at last   the last time i saw your mum was in 1972 so lots of water under the bridge for sure the people here at roots chat have been so helpfull to us i have been able to trace ggdad and his ather ect i have had a dna test with the henderson in usa they will send me my matches  i have a son called william after grand dad and his dad ect i have been in contact with katikati historical society they have been good as well i sent them some photos my dad bill passed away last year  age 89 had a full life hows beverly  must be in 90s is auntie ok i hope so

Offline Sparkles27

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: Monday 10 July 17 04:30 BST (UK) »
So sorry to hear about Bill.  I have a lovely photo of him with a mate, and daughters Shiralee, Lorraine and Julie.  It was sent to Mum some years ago now.  Wow! I'm so happy to make contact with you. Mum is very well, 90 in February and having a party apparently ha!  Just gave her a call and she is really emotional. I have just browsed through your posts. Mum did genealogy research in the 90s, before we all had computers, and she was not able to find more on Great Grandad Henderson, so what you have found out is fantastic.  I am writing down all her memories and it is incredible the names and events she can recall.  I have a couple of photos of Margaret Casey and I think we have info on children and partners etc.    I would love to share all the info and photos for you and your family.  I have just joined this chat today, how do you think is the best way to get photos etc to you?  So funny I was thinking about doing DNA as well 

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: Monday 10 July 17 04:39 BST (UK) »
joan in katikati historical society has my email im formation ask them about me peter henderson in sydney australia i was talking to them last week i and doing the stuff fro waimangora now when grandad was a kid i have 3 children melisa william carl

Offline Sparkles27

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: Monday 10 July 17 05:05 BST (UK) »
Sounds good Peter.  I will give Joan a call and/or pop over to see her.  I'm not far away.  I will call into the Waihi Museum as well, because they have archives stored there, and Granddad was in Brass Bands in Waihi in the early 1900's.  I have those photos, and a couple with Eva.  Did you know that he was previously married and has other children?  That was news to me, as Mum has not let on over the years, and it's all coming out in the past few months.  Timing!!  I will do a list of Grandads brothers and sisters too. Hopefully we can put the puzzle pieces together and get the family sorted.  I have a 19 year old son James, who looks very much like Granddad.  Lovely to chat, will get back in touch soon,  Take care Erin

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: Monday 10 July 17 05:13 BST (UK) »
thats so good im sure joan will pass my contact details on to you   if not ill put email here for you ok so good this happend at last im not very well 60 bad lungs so i told my kids i have to do all this noww my kis and wife went to hobbitville few months ago  kids loved nz ok thanks cousin  erin  from peter

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: Sunday 16 July 17 13:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

Great you have Erin onboard to help with info. on your tree.

To exchange email addresses you will need to use the PM (Private Message) System as we are not allowed to post them on the board.

If you look to your left under Erin's username Sparkles27, there are 2 symbols, one is a paper scroll which is the right side one, if you click on that you will be able to send Erin your email address or she could do the same with your username kiwican as she has posted enough messages to be able to use it.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: Sunday 16 July 17 13:37 BST (UK) »
ok thank you for that advise i will follow that instruction from now on