Author Topic: Hendersons of Linlithgowshire  (Read 30999 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Hendersons of Linlithgowshire
« Reply #270 on: Monday 13 May 19 00:54 BST (UK) »
Yes,  Agree Annie,  we are not duplicating each other, rather we are striving to sort  ;D

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=812769.0  This is the live link to the thread on the Australia board.
 he was in a newspaper article dated 29 september 1894 william and margaret henderson in a listed court matter
JM

Excuse me, BUT ...  I don't often get grumpy ... but ... I did NOT modify my post to include  he was in a newspaper article dated 29 september 1894 william and margaret henderson in a listed court matter They are words added by kiwican.   Please don't mis-represent me by adding your own words to my quote.  Much easier if you want to quote, to actually type your own words OUTSIDE of the quoted post.    Also, you will find that I had already provided the live link to the newspaper cutting you mention, and I had attributed that find to the RChatter who actually posted it in the first instance.   Please do consider acknowledging the fine work of that RChatter, rather than leaving it to seem to take the credit for finding the info William had moved from Hartley Vale to Helensburgh ... and making no mention that Margaret and six children were not with him, etc
more information found out that this was not my great grandfather in in nelson hospital in 1892 so our search goes on  for William    william was   said to be working in the helensburgh colliery area in 1893/94 after leaving hartley vale

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 12:51 BST (UK) »
i never took credit for knowing my great grandfather had moved away from his family very sad event in there lives and for us today

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday 16 July 19 12:03 BST (UK) »
Rosinish,
I can't find any trace of the Henderson/ McGill marriage either.
Marital info was added to birth certs from 1861 onwards

Therefore, the parents marriage date and place should be entered onto the 1862 birth cert for the child named Isabella and also the 1865 birth cert for the child named Margaret.

I have arrived back here for a different reason but having read over the thread again I see it's now 2 yrs since we recommended the birth of either Isabella or Margaret for the marriage details of their parents if indeed they were married/where & wondered if any progress had been made?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Dumbarton17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: Saturday 27 July 19 13:13 BST (UK) »
Isabella 1862 stat reg 673/140
died in NZ in 1883

1865 Margaret birth may 9 bapt may 14  Crofthead whitburn, Scottish catholic OP records

1866 died aged 1 year. same source

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: Saturday 27 July 19 18:20 BST (UK) »
Isabella 1862 stat reg 673/140
died in NZ in 1883

1865 Margaret birth may 9 bapt may 14  Crofthead whitburn, Scottish catholic OP records

1866 died aged 1 year. same source

Sorry to go on about this but...marriage info. is not recorded on a baptism or death record i.e. it's a Statutory birth cert. post 1860 which is needed to find out the date/place of parents marriage.

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Dumbarton17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: Saturday 27 July 19 22:12 BST (UK) »
William Henderson m Anne McGill  23 June 1841 "after proclamation of Banns in the presence of James Henderson and Catherine Brookes by Jerimiah Long"
GBPRS Rom Cath Scot 23 June 1841 #135

The Place was St Andrews, Glascow,  ref Scot Rom Cath OPR ref MP/62 vol 02, sect 01, sub sect 04

Cheers  :)

p.s The marriage is also recorded on Isabella's "Statutory" birth record that I quoted you above.

FYI also, and further to an earlier discussion, the William Henderson that ended his days in the asylum was discounted after a visit to the NZ National Archive revealed that he was admitted to the Asylum on 30 July 1872.
Our William Hsn (Son of the current topic of discussion) did not arrive in NZ until Aug 1874 and thus eliminates our prospect from the search.
Sorry that you were not notified of this.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: Sunday 28 July 19 00:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the update & the William who has been discounted as it helps RCers when looking for info. to know what's been found & eliminated.

Apologies on the Statutory Birth as it was the marriage details I was referring to at the time which you've now given.

Annie

Offline Dumbarton17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: Sunday 18 August 19 07:17 BST (UK) »
Hello again,
As you know, William Henderson ( spouse of Agnes McGill ) died in 1867?
On his death cert, his father is named as Peter, and his mother as Agnes Thomson.
I am assuming, for the moment, the mothers name is an error as that is his wife Anne's mothers name.
Now, on the 1851 census he lists his birthplace as Crawfordjohn, Lanarkshire.
Scotlands people have a copy of a Parish record of a Peter Henderson and Marion Thomson giving birth to a Margaret Hsn in 1813, a william Hsn in 1816 and a Peter Hsn in 1818.
The births are recorded in Abington Crawfordjohn.
These names are used widely in the family and are in a customary order.
I think this is his family.
Any thoughts on the matter?

Offline kiwican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: Sunday 18 August 19 07:52 BST (UK) »
i looked on scotlands people and i think that is the right one  yes spelling wrong for anne but still the link to abington is strong