Author Topic: Hugh (Harry) Hill BallyCastle, IR. C. 1800  (Read 5320 times)

Offline Limepark

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh (Harry) Hill BallyCastle, IR. C. 1800
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 February 24 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shane - I haven’t been on this site for ages and have only just noticed your reply. James Glass and Rachel Ann McCormick we’d my great grandparents They had a daughter Matilda Glass who married Robert Hill and thier daughter Rachel Ann was my mother.
My Ancestry handle is Johnatlimepark. It would be good to share information sometime.
John Ward
Ballycastle.

Offline McCurdy1963

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 February 24 23:38 GMT (UK) »
John - delighted to hear from you.
I'm in this genealogy lark for the long haul, so its always lovely to hear from some one / anyone, regardless of the time that has passed.
I have an interest in ALL McCurdy family connections, and the McCurdy of Lisnagungoue is one such connection of which you are a part. Maurice McCurdy, a good friend from many long years standing, had mentioned you, and I had put that message our to see if I had the right Ward (or john Ward)!
Delighted to make your acquaintance. I actually live near Moira, but have a wee place (my batchelor pad) still up at Portstewart. It would be great to get to meet up and exchange details! If you were interested I am sure Maurice would be very willing to meet as well, give the specific connection between your two families.
My McCurdys hail from Toberkeigh and Croagh ... although there is a suggestion that a Charles left Toberkeigh in the late 1700's or early 1800's and settled in Lisnagunogue ... hence Maurice and your connection could be a distant connection to me also! 
My direct email is Removed. if you would be interested to see my musings on your connection, I would be very happy to share it with you! If you drop be a direct email, I can respond with an attachment :-)
Kind regards for the moment, and hope we get to meet in 2024.
Shane McCurdy

Offline McCurdy1963

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 February 24 23:39 GMT (UK) »
 ... in case the connect detail is rejected, have written it out 'long' hand here ...Removed

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 08 February 24 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi chatters

Please use the personal message system for exchanging email information

https://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Thank you
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,