Author Topic: Catherine Grace Williams/Parry  (Read 9818 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Grace Williams/Parry
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 01 July 17 00:09 BST (UK) »
Going back to the "uncle" status - looking at Jane Williams in 1841(HO107/1360/13/4/3),there is no sign of siblings Hugh,Richard or John.Not definitive of course,but suggestive that Rev John is Richard's brother.

Regards
Roger

Also the 1841 I posted with a Jane 30 and John 15 in Llanerchymdd
HO107/1360/ 3/3 / 10?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 01 July 17 00:19 BST (UK) »
Are you saying your ref. is for John and Jane,possible brother and sister of Richard?
dragonT's data on the 1848 marriage had Jane(Richard's wife) as of Rhodogeidio with father Evan as machine maker(?),which seemed to fit the ref. I quoted for 1841.

Regards
Roger

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 01 July 17 00:27 BST (UK) »
There are 1813 and 1815 non-con Llanerchymedd baptism records for a Hugh and Jane Williams  respectively,children of John Williams of Ynys Bach Llandyfrydog and his wife Anne.Looking for John and Richard..

Regards
Roger

I based it on this?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dragonT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 01 July 17 09:59 BST (UK) »
Returning to the marriage of John and Jane Williams at Llanerchymedd in 1848, I've searched for more information on their parents. Assuming the 1841 census previously posted for Jane with father Evan is correct, there are a series of baptisms (but not Jane's) which show that her mother's name was Catherine.

Baptisms at Ceidio/Rhodogeidio with father Evan Williams, a Winnowing Machine maker (and Innkeeper in 1817), mother Catherine, living at Llanerchymedd:
John - 28 Sep 1817
Grace - 25 Feb 1820
William Morris - 15 Nov 1821
Thomas - 29 Oct 1823

It seems Jane also had a sister Anne as there is a marriage:
Anne Williams, f, s, of Llanerchymedd, Llechgynfarwyd, dau of Evan Williams, machine maker married Bennett Jones, f, b, mariner of Llanaber, Merioneth, son of Evan Jones, master mariner at Llechcynfarwy Parish Church on 17 Mar 1840.

I believe the Richard Williams (15) mentioned by despair and living in Twrcelyn St. Amlwch in 1841 with mother Grace and siblings Hugh, John and Henry is 'our' Richard. I cannot find the 1851 census despair reports "but he's still there in 1851", but mother Grace (68) and John (24) are at Market Square, Amlwch in 1851.

The marriage of a Hugh Williams (below) suggests the deceased father was named John.

Hugh Williams, f, b, shoemaker of Twrcelyn, Amlwch, son of John Williams, shoemaker married Ann Thomas, f,s, of Llanerchymedd, dau of Robert Thomas, shoemaker at Llanerchymedd parish church 30 Oct 1846.

It seems that Catherine Grace was named after both of her grandmothers.
Anglesey - Thomas:
Bodedern, Heneglwys, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Jones:
Llanfaethlu, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll, Rhoscolyn.
Anglesey - Parry:Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Lewis:Llanbadrig.
Anglesey - Willins & Tyran/Tyrer

Caernarvonshire - Evans and Lewis:Llanberis.

Denbighshire - Jenkins:Llandynan, Llantysilio, Cerrigydrudion.
Denbighshire - Jones:Rhos, Ruabon.
Denbighshire - Jones:Henllan

Flintshire - Mathews:Northop

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 01 July 17 10:44 BST (UK) »
Apologies to dragonT and all others- I meant 1861 not 1851 ref. RG09/4369/16/34.However,maybe the 1861 Richard is the son of John and Elizabeth also living at Market Square in 1851 ref HO107/2521/385/4(need to check).Given that, dragonT's data is convincing.

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 01 July 17 13:33 BST (UK) »
The data also accords with Jane and her daughter Grace(who dies in 1852) being back with the family in 1851,where William is given as just William Morris,not William Morris Williams? (HO107/2520/466/4)
I think I also mistook Jane's sister Grace on the 1841 as her mother,leaving a Catherine to be ascribed to Richard,which didn't help.Had a few "senior moments" on this one - apologies to all again.

Regards
Roger

Offline dragonT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 01 July 17 15:14 BST (UK) »
Cambrian News, 26 May 1882

PARRY- WILLIAMS.  May 9th, at Twrgwyn Chapel, Upper Bangor, by the Rev. John Williams Llanerchymedd, uncle of the bride, Mr William Parry, station master, Menai Bridge, to Miss C G Williams. only daughter ot Mr Richard Williams, boot and shoemaker, 314, High-street.

Question is which side is the reverend uncle?

Judging from the details of the Rev. John Williams two marriages he was Richard Williams' brother.
31 Aug 1858 - John Williams, 32,b, Minister of the gospel, Aberffraw, son of John Williams, shoemaker married Margaret Williams, s, Rhodogeidio, dau of William Williams, shoemaker at Tabernacle C.M. Chapel, Llanfair Mathafarn Eithaf
30 Mar 1886 - John Williams, 50 (should be 60), wid, Minister of the Gospel, Stanley House, Llanerchymedd, son of John Williams, shoemaker married Mary Lewis, 50, s, Calvinistic Chapel House, Llanerchymedd, dau of Hugh Lewis, shoemaker at Bethesda Chapel, Amlwch.

According to the obituary posted by Mabel Bagshawe, John Williams began his training to become a Methodist minister in Bala College in 1854. The 1841 census in Amlwch showing Grace Williams (widow) with children Hugh, Richard and John and the 1851 census with Grace and John seem completely consistent with what is known of Rev. John Williams early life.
Anglesey - Thomas:
Bodedern, Heneglwys, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Jones:
Llanfaethlu, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll, Rhoscolyn.
Anglesey - Parry:Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Lewis:Llanbadrig.
Anglesey - Willins & Tyran/Tyrer

Caernarvonshire - Evans and Lewis:Llanberis.

Denbighshire - Jenkins:Llandynan, Llantysilio, Cerrigydrudion.
Denbighshire - Jones:Rhos, Ruabon.
Denbighshire - Jones:Henllan

Flintshire - Mathews:Northop

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 01 July 17 16:14 BST (UK) »
It may be possible,perhaps even without negating the conclusion reached,that the Hugh Williams who married Ann is the son of John Williams (shoemaker) and Elizabeth,whose son Richard ends up in Twrcelyn Street in 1861.His age is a little nearer that Hugh,if as I think that couple are in High Street Amlwch in 1851
HO/107/2521/390/14

There is another Hugh Williams,shoemaker,in Amlwch in 1851,married to Ellin,who could be Grace's son?
HO 107/2521/395/25

Given my form on this thread,they are probably the other way around!

Regards
Roger

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 01 July 17 20:02 BST (UK) »

30 Mar 1886 - John Williams, 50 (should be 60), wid, Minister of the Gospel, Stanley House, Llanerchymedd, son of John Williams, shoemaker married Mary Lewis, 50, s, Calvinistic Chapel House, Llanerchymedd, dau of Hugh Lewis, shoemaker at Bethesda Chapel, Amlwch.

That makes more sense of the comments about the Lewis brothers, mourners at the Rev John's funeral, being the sons of the brother of the Rev's wife. the obit definitely said first wife, but looks more like his second wife's nephews