Author Topic: Ephraim and Mary Ann Haines  (Read 3269 times)

Offline M S Harmer

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ephraim and Mary Ann Haines
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 July 17 08:03 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the BMD's of the 4 children of Ephraim Haines and Mary Ann Harmer. They married 28 May 1855 TeaTreeGully, Adelaide.
There for there children were born possibly same area !
Ward, Kempson, Donovan, Kiesler, Sutherland, Anesbury, Haines, Crowle, Smith, Benfold, Binstead, Bairstow, Tullock, Wallace, Wood, Oakland, Parker, Payne, Stokes, Botten, Stacy, Brooks, Harmer, Sinclair

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 July 17 08:18 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Here is the online database for you to check for those South Australian births for children of the 1855 marriage.   I mentioned it in my earlier post.

South Australia genealogy website, free to search … https://www.genealogysa.org.au/resources/online-databases.html

Marriage
Ephraim HAINES married Mary Ann HARMER, registered in 1855 in the Adelaide district Ref #22/533

I cannot see any births registered to the couple listed on that website. ...

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 July 17 08:23 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the BMD's of the 4 children of Ephraim Haines and Mary Ann Harmer. They married 28 May 1855 TeaTreeGully, Adelaide.
There for there children were born possibly same area !

Ephraim's 1912 obit does not list any children of the marriage.   What details do you already have for the three you have as South Australian born?

ADD
Looking for birth, marriage, death dates for the following siblings:
William Haines
Ephraim Haines
Maria Haines
Jane Haines
Parents are Ephraim Haines and Mary Ann Harmer. Lived in Sth Aust.Married 28 may 1855.
Any possible children of these siblings as well would be greatly appreciated.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 02 July 17 08:36 BST (UK) »
http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/210307406 Express & Tele 17 Nov 1914.

HAINES
The friends of the late Mary Ann HAINES are respectfully informed that her remains will be removed from the residence of Mr E Tregeagle, Tea Tree Gully …. For interment in the Houghton Cemetery.

NB from earlier linked website
Many Ann HAINES death registered in Adelaide district in 1914 has Ephraim HAINES as (DH) #388/392

NB the newspaper cutting does not read 'The relatives and friends ...' which may suggest there's no children for Mary Ann.
NB the (DH) in the deaths index ... likely is the abbreviation for deceased husband. 

South Australia's BDMs are infamous for scant family history info.

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 02 July 17 08:39 BST (UK) »
Double wedding in 1855.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/49303134 Sth Aus Register 1 June 1855.

Explains the Tregeagle surname in the 1914 notice as a possible in-law or child of an in-law or similar.

JM

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 02 July 17 08:45 BST (UK) »
JM,

The tree shows a child William Harmer Haines b 1860, Maldon, Victoria died 1938, Horsham, Victoria

Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 02 July 17 08:53 BST (UK) »
Agh, so here's the link to Victoria's BDMs ... these are excellent documents and are as detailed as Scottish BDMs, so in contrast to Sth Australia's scant BDMs I would expect Victorian BDM to have details about older siblings, about the parents etc.  And the index is free to search.  Better still, the Vic BDMs can be downloaded immediately after plastic card has been used.  :D 

http://www.bdm.vic.gov.au/home/family+history/search+your+family+history/

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,373754.0.html

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 02 July 17 08:58 BST (UK) »

There’s something curious on the Vic BDM index for the 1860 birth.

BIRTH
William HARMER, with father was William and mother as Maria (Haines) #20863.

I wonder if Maria is perhaps the Maria HAINES who arrived in Sth Australia as a child in 1840? 

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 02 July 17 09:05 BST (UK) »
1938 death registered Victoria for a William HARMER (note, NO mention of Haines on the index) does not list names for his parents  # 12795

perhaps I am way off track.

JM