Author Topic: Richard Hunt  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Wodgemac

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Hunt
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 July 17 19:28 BST (UK) »
HI MaxD,
Yeah I know I shouldn't speculate, it's just that I've been looking for him for so long...
I understand the recruitment sergeants steering them a certain way, - I was a victim of that many years ago - . Where did you find the record of the Tomas Hunt leaving in 1833 please, I can't seem to find it.
Thanks
Richard
McGrorey, Loughrey, Briggs, Gribbin, Ferguson, Hunt(O)Connor(s), Danehy, Young, McGarrity, Doran, Jones, Vernon, Oakes, Williams, Alexander, Ross, O'Niel, McMullan, Lightbowne, Siddorn, Ryecroft, Bellowhouse, Walker, Gourley, Fagan, Havelin, Campbell, Smith, Thompson, Black, McCallum, Wilson, Loudon.

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Hunt
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 July 17 10:03 BST (UK) »
It is on FindMyPast under Thos Hunt, year 1833 from the NA series WO 23/4 Out pensioners, in this case 37th Foot.  Could be a coincidence of name, he is described as age 40 emaciated and worn out, came from Mark Clear (not sure about that) Norwich and was going to reside in what looks like Eastham (all one word).

maxD

I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia